cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Cherry Blossoms in DC

ddferreira
Explorer
Explorer
Planing on doing a trip to DC in March/April 2018 to see the cherry blossoms. Then head to Florida for a couple of weeks. Leaving New England. Checking to see if there is anyone interested in joining.
Dan and Donna
Dan 2008 Allegro 32 BA FRED towing 2010 Honda Fit with a Ready Brake tow bar/braking system. There are 10 types of people in this world, those who understand binary and those who don't! :B
6 REPLIES 6

tatest
Explorer II
Explorer II
You need to time it just right if you want to see cherry blossoms, because they don't last long and the time of blossoming can vary over 2-3 weeks. I was there for the end of winter and into late spring in 1968, the trees started blossoming a week before the scheduled festival, but there was still something left, and a lot of petals on the ground.
Tom Test
Itasca Spirit 29B

ependydad
Explorer
Explorer
Fun! I'll just be leaving Florida at the beginning of April. We were supposed to make a straight shot up to Pennsylvania but my wife wants to go to a Fulltime Families rally in Branson, MO in May... so my straight shot just turned into a giant V!
2017 Spartan 1245 by Prime Time
2018 Ram 3500 Crew Cab DRW w/ 4.10 gears and 8' bed
FW Hitch: TrailerSaver TS3
Learn to RV- learn about RVing - Towing Planner Calculators - Family Fulltiming FB page

Rangerman40
Explorer
Explorer
I was there for the Cherry Nlossom Festival last year and the blooms were pretty much gone. Nothing I could do about it though as we were there on my daughters spring break. Keep an eye on the numerous websites for bloom watch. It comes and goes quick.

ddferreira
Explorer
Explorer
just made our Disney reservations.

dan
Dan 2008 Allegro 32 BA FRED towing 2010 Honda Fit with a Ready Brake tow bar/braking system. There are 10 types of people in this world, those who understand binary and those who don't! :B

bgum
Explorer
Explorer
We were there years ago and it snowed when the trees were in full bloom. A real treat for the eyes.

Crowe
Explorer
Explorer
This website might be helpful: https://cherryblossomwatch.com/

SIL is always down there at that time for a big dog show. Says it's gorgeous. Enjoy.

I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be

Douglas Adams

[purple]RV-less for now but our spirits are still on the open road. [/purple]