cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Covid 19 impact on interstate travel?

richy2
Explorer
Explorer
We are planning a trip from central Florida to southwest Colorado at the end of July. What covid related problems or concerns should we anticipate for this motorhome trip?
15 REPLIES 15

F-TROUP
Explorer
Explorer
Need to give this a rest, the Government won't go after peeps who riot, loot and murder, but have no problem going after the peeps who obey the rule of law.

dedmiston
azdryheat - When you make such bellicose posts, you can't be surprised by the negative responses.

I don't think anyone attacked you though. We just disagreed.

In my case, I turned your own language back on you so you could see how odd it looked. I thought your "silly" comment was...silly.

You dish it out pretty thick though, so don't be surprised when you get some pushback. If the reactions feel like attacks, then maybe consider dialing back your statements a little and see if the tone of the responses changes as well.

2014 RAM 3500 Diesel 4x4 Dually long bed. B&W RVK3600 hitch โ€ข 2015 Crossroads Elevation Homestead Toy Hauler ("The Taj Mahauler") โ€ข <\br >Toys:

• 18 Can Am Maverick x3
  • 05 Yamaha WR450
  • 07 Honda CRF250X
  • 05 Honda CRF230
  • 06 Honda CRF230

Boon_Docker
Explorer II
Explorer II
azdryheat wrote:
Boon Docker wrote:
azdryheat wrote:

Try to social distance but that wasn't happening at their wonderful fireworks show. We saw 7 shows and hardly anyone was wearing a mask. Just like the old days, lol.

Unfortunately it is idiots like that who are causing the surge in confirmed cases. :S
The powers to be need to clamp down on the fools.
You think I'm an idiot for having an opinion that doesn't match yours? I consider your statement to be an attack on me personally, which are against forum rules but since the moderator also attacks I guess it's pointless to complain.

Just where did I say I think you are an idiot, WHERE?
If you had paid attention (see the bold text above) this is what I was speaking about.

azdryheat
Explorer
Explorer
Deleted
2013 Chevy 3500HD CC dually
2014 Voltage 3600 toy hauler
2019 RZR 1000XP TRE

azdryheat
Explorer
Explorer
Deleted
2019 RZR 1000XP TRE

dblr
Explorer
Explorer
dedmiston wrote:
dblr wrote:
No restrictions so far on our trip from De. to New Mexico, we use our masks and social distance as much as possible, have not eaten out unless outside tables. Some campgrounds bath houses are closed and then some are not, have seen pools open. We just try to check each state where we are heading before we arrive to know what to expect.

New Mexico currently has a mandatory 14 day quarantine for people entering the sate from other states unless they're passing through.

New Mexico residents returning from out of state are required to quarantine at home for 14 days. Out of state residents coming to New Mexico are required to quarantine themselves for the first 14 days of their visit.

Unless you're planning to stay in NM for more than 14 days (with the first 14 of them in quarantine), you should plan to keep going and not stop overnight.

https://www.newmexico.gov/2020/07/07/new-mexico-travel-restrictions-in-effect/

Ye you are correct but with us the governor put the next phase on hold for re-opening and the 14 day after we arrived and we were lucky as we already have been here longer then that.
2017 River Stone Legacy 38MB
2001 Kenworth T2000
2009 Smart on the deck.

Boon_Docker
Explorer II
Explorer II
azdryheat wrote:

Try to social distance but that wasn't happening at their wonderful fireworks show. We saw 7 shows and hardly anyone was wearing a mask. Just like the old days, lol.

Unfortunately it is idiots like that who are causing the surge in confirmed cases. :S
The powers to be need to clamp down on the fools.

dedmiston
azdryheat wrote:
Also, who's going to regulate, moderate, or even notice if someone isn't following their silly rules?

I recon the silly people of New Mexico would prefer that you kept your silly self out of their silly state.

As the father of a silly doctor who practices in that silly state, I don't appreciate your silly attitude.

They've been slammed harder than most states. As their next-door neighbor, you should show them a little respect and honor their orders. Sure, you can get away with it, but you should behave more honorably and do the right thing because it's the right thing to do, silly.

And as for enforcement, do you really want them to have to militarize their state to ensure that people like you adhere to their restrictions? Just respect them and comply, or hammer that skinny pedal on the right and keep driving through their state as quickly as you can.

2014 RAM 3500 Diesel 4x4 Dually long bed. B&W RVK3600 hitch โ€ข 2015 Crossroads Elevation Homestead Toy Hauler ("The Taj Mahauler") โ€ข <\br >Toys:

• 18 Can Am Maverick x3
  • 05 Yamaha WR450
  • 07 Honda CRF250X
  • 05 Honda CRF230
  • 06 Honda CRF230

azdryheat
Explorer
Explorer
Our current trip is Tucson to Branson MO and back. We are moteling it this trip. Last Monday, the 1st, we left Tucson and spent the night in Santa Rosa NM in a motel and there were no restrictions to travel. So far going Tucson to Branson and back to Amarillo we have had no travel issues in any states. Today we are on our way home and spending tonight in Amarillo TX. We will travel through NM tomorrow and I'll let you know if anything happens. Also, who's going to regulate, moderate, or even notice if someone isn't following their silly rules?

BTW, Branson was wonderful. Masks if you want to. Try to social distance but that wasn't happening at their wonderful fireworks show. We saw 7 shows and hardly anyone was wearing a mask. Just like the old days, lol.
2019 RZR 1000XP TRE

edbehnke
Explorer
Explorer
none other than you might not be able to get a mcdonalds if their inside restaurant is close.
eddie and sandie
3402 Montana 2013
Ford F350 2015

dedmiston
dblr wrote:
No restrictions so far on our trip from De. to New Mexico, we use our masks and social distance as much as possible, have not eaten out unless outside tables. Some campgrounds bath houses are closed and then some are not, have seen pools open. We just try to check each state where we are heading before we arrive to know what to expect.

New Mexico currently has a mandatory 14 day quarantine for people entering the sate from other states unless they're passing through.

New Mexico residents returning from out of state are required to quarantine at home for 14 days. Out of state residents coming to New Mexico are required to quarantine themselves for the first 14 days of their visit.

Unless you're planning to stay in NM for more than 14 days (with the first 14 of them in quarantine), you should plan to keep going and not stop overnight.

https://www.newmexico.gov/2020/07/07/new-mexico-travel-restrictions-in-effect/

• 18 Can Am Maverick x3
  • 05 Yamaha WR450
  • 07 Honda CRF250X
  • 05 Honda CRF230
  • 06 Honda CRF230

Joyce_in_NY
Explorer
Explorer
If coming into New York State from 19 specified states (you can Google it), you must self quarantine for 14 days. No restaurants, entertainment, shopping, etc.
Cardinal 33TSLE

jdc1
Explorer II
Explorer II
Just drove through Oregon, Washington, Idaho and Montana. Nothing restrictive other than doing the right thing by wearing the mask when called for.

dblr
Explorer
Explorer
2017 River Stone Legacy 38MB
2001 Kenworth T2000
2009 Smart on the deck.