cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Daytona area to Key Largo

PandS
Explorer
Explorer
We'll be traveling to Key Largo on Saturday. This is our first trip that far south. Our mapping software is showing multiple route options through or around Miami after coming south on 95. The experts here have offered great advice on previous routes. What say you for a 44' class A towing a car headed to Key Largo? We do have Sunpass if the toll roads are the way to go.Thanks in advance for any advice!
7 REPLIES 7

PandS
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks everyone for your responses. We'll look at google maps traffic reports in the morning and use that to decide where we get on the turnpike. We decided to drive part way today, so we only have 150 miles to go tomorrow.

agesilaus
Explorer II
Explorer II
Yeah but Key Largo is a good base station
Arctic Fox 25Y Travel Trailer
2018 RAM 2500 6.7L 4WD shortbed
Straightline dual cam hitch
400W Solar with Victron controller
Superbumper

rhagfo
Explorer III
Explorer III
Just be careful, and watch for signs to the Turnpike as if you stay on I95 too far it dumps into downtown Miami!! Most of the signs will state "Key West". The Turnpike will dump you on to A1A in Florida City, there are a couple of fuel stations on the right side of the road after the stop light.
The best part of the Overseas Highway is AFTER Key Largo. 🙂

Take the Toad for a day trip to Key West, and enjoy the sights.
Russ & Paula the Beagle Belle.
2016 Ram Laramie 3500 Aisin DRW 4X4 Long bed.
2005 Copper Canyon 293 FWSLS, 32' GVWR 12,360#

"Visit and Enjoy Oregon State Parks"

bobsinn
Explorer
Explorer
We always use the Jupiter Exit to go to/from I95/TPK
2001 Itasca Sundancer 27P
2000 Honda Civic

Ivylog
Explorer III
Explorer III
On Saturday I’d stay on 95 through Palm Beach County (traffic moves well) and in Ft Lauderdale take I-595 west and get on the Turnpike south.
This post is my opinion (free advice). It is not intended to influence anyone's judgment nor do I advocate anyone do what I propose.
Sold 04 Dynasty to our son after 14 great years.
Upgraded with a 08 HR Navigator 45’...

Sam_Spade
Explorer
Explorer
agesilaus wrote:
(they just mail you a bill)

Don't think that is true IF you have a SunPass. At least not on the tollway.

But I do agree with the rest of your post.

Some other routes may look promising on a map......but once south of Ft. Lauderdale, figure on a traffic light about every 3 blocks.
'07 Damon Outlaw 3611
CanAm Spyder in the "trunk"

agesilaus
Explorer II
Explorer II
There is only one sane way, get on the Florida Turnpike and follow it thru traffic h@ll all the way to the end where it drops you off on A1A right before the keys bridges. It will cost you some in tolls (they just mail you a bill) but save you a fortune in missed aggravation. Fuel up at the big gas station you'll see on your right after you get off the FTP.
Arctic Fox 25Y Travel Trailer
2018 RAM 2500 6.7L 4WD shortbed
Straightline dual cam hitch
400W Solar with Victron controller
Superbumper