cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Elko Nevada to Cedar City Utah-Help!

teeznu
Explorer
Explorer
Which route would you take. I've got 2 options. From Elko NV stay on I-80 over to Salt Lake City then down the I-15.
OR

Elko NV down Nevada 93 to Panaca NV and then the NV 56 over to Cedar City. This route is about 100 miles less to travel but not sure how long it would take vs. the Interstate.

Your thoughts are appreciated in advance.
10 REPLIES 10

obgraham
Explorer
Explorer
Much of 93 has been resurfaced recently -- it is a very good road, remote as it might be.

Sure beats battling semis on 80 and 15.

nancyjerry
Explorer
Explorer
When will you be there? We leave Grand Tetons mid Oct and are staying there a month.

4runnerguy
Explorer
Explorer
profdant139 wrote:
If there is any way you can carve out a couple of days for Great Basin Natl Park, it is well worth adjusting your route a little:

Great Basin
Yeah, I'd recommend US 93 to US 50 and spend some time at Great Basin NP. Then take UT 21 east.
Ken & Allison
2 Camping Cats (1 diabetic)
1996 4Runner, TRD Supercharger, Edelbrock headers
2007 Fleetwood Arcadia, Honda EU2000i
4 mountain bikes, 1 canoe, 4 tents, 8 sleeping bags, 2 backpacks
(You get the idea!)

dedmiston
I think I'd refuel in Ely whether I needed it or not. Nevada isn't a good place to get stuck.

As far as scenic vs. not scenic, we really like the 15 through Utah. I think it's more scenic than most of Nevada.

Either way should be fine though.

Cedar City is heavenly. Enjoy.

2014 RAM 3500 Diesel 4x4 Dually long bed. B&W RVK3600 hitch โ€ข 2015 Crossroads Elevation Homestead Toy Hauler ("The Taj Mahauler") โ€ข <\br >Toys:

• 18 Can Am Maverick x3
  • 05 Yamaha WR450
  • 07 Honda CRF250X
  • 05 Honda CRF230
  • 06 Honda CRF230

mittshel
Explorer
Explorer
All good advice. Definitely 93. Anyway to stay out of SLC. Be safe. Betsy.
Betsy

profdant139
Explorer II
Explorer II
If there is any way you can carve out a couple of days for Great Basin Natl Park, it is well worth adjusting your route a little:

Great Basin
2012 Fun Finder X-139 "Boondock Style" (axle-flipped and extra insulation)
2013 Toyota Tacoma Off-Road (semi-beefy tires and components)
Our trips -- pix and text
About our trailer
"A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single list."

paulj
Explorer II
Explorer II
From Panaca NV 319 climbs gradually to the Panaca summit, (2000ft climb in 12 miles). A bit of winding road through the juniper highlands, but no major curves or grades. Then downhill and straight to CC.

Basic western 2 lane highway.

Lwiddis
Explorer
Explorer
Most scenic is always my choice.
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad

ppine
Explorer II
Explorer II
Take the back way. Nothing to it. Just keep fuel in your tank and carry water. There is nothing out there, which is why I like it so much.

agesilaus
Explorer II
Explorer II
I'd take US 93 down to US 50 then that across to I-15. Interesting scenery that way. Roads are good 2 lane highways. And 50 goes by Great Basin NP.
Arctic Fox 25Y Travel Trailer
2018 RAM 2500 6.7L 4WD shortbed
Straightline dual cam hitch
400W Solar with Victron controller
Superbumper