cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Fausto Proposes Free Access of RVs Into Mexico

qtla9111
Nomad
Nomad
Ran across this article today. Our rv friend from Sonora, Fausto Garcia is proposing that all rvs, including those purchased by Mexicans should have access to Mexico and a renewable 10-year permit.

He said, "Immediately with this change would begin the creation of a new type of national tourism that does not exist today and the use trailer parks in Mexico would be used by Mexican tourists".

You can translate the article if you want but this is a snapshot of the article.

There is a similar article written by Fausto on the Yaqui Times but I can't find this particular newspaper to do a copy/paste translation.
2005 Dodge Durango Hemi
2008 Funfinder 230DS
Living and Boondocking Mexico Blog
8 REPLIES 8

JerBear
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks for posting Chris. It's a great idea and would help the Mexican RV Parks stay in business.
JerBear
2007 CITATION Supreme 10'8" Truck Camper,Torklift Fastguns, Torklift Tiedowns,Torklift Superhitch,Reese Front Hitch, Honda EU2000i Generator, 2x100 Watt Solar Panel /MPPT Controller, 2500 Watt Inverter.
2006 GMC 3500HD DRW Ex. Cab Truck, Duramax/Allison

playaboy
Explorer
Explorer
Great idea, wrong solution. Try lowering the import taxes on RV's so they could be nationalized?

moisheh
Explorer
Explorer
Fausto has always been a supporter of Mexican rving. He ran the Kino Bay rv park
He had written me last month with info on his quest to promote rv tourism. I just hope the Mexican government makes the necessary changes. They have never supported rving. Fausto: Keep up the good work.

mexicoruss
Explorer
Explorer
Fausto is a good guy. We met over 25 years ago in Kino Bay where he owned a nice RV park that we used for our caravans. Glad to see he is still active in the RV community
Russ Black
011-521-638-113-4591 Cell Phone
Puerto Penasco, Sonora

silversand
Explorer
Explorer
....wow. This is quite interesting. I particularly like the photo of the truck camper in the article (we are truck camper owners)....with 3/4 ton truck.
Silver
2004 Chevy Silverado 2500HD 4x4 6.0L Ext/LB Tow Package 4L80E Michelin AT2s| Outfitter Caribou

qtla9111
Nomad
Nomad
NamMedevac 70 wrote:
Does the article imply Mexican RV parks are to be for Mexican nationals only????
I am confused.

No to the contrary. The proposed legislation would allow Mexicans a greater opportunity to participate in rving without the need to nationalize the vehicle. They would be able to use the temporary vehicle permit.
2005 Dodge Durango Hemi
2008 Funfinder 230DS
Living and Boondocking Mexico Blog

Lwiddis
Explorer
Explorer
I think itโ€™s similar to California asking Californians to vacation in California.
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad

NamMedevac_70
Explorer II
Explorer II
Does the article imply Mexican RV parks are to be for Mexican nationals only????
I am confused.