cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

First time to Rocky Point

MNawman
Explorer
Explorer
Hey guys, I'm planning my first trip to Rocky Point for this coming October. We have a 2014 Entegra MH with 50 amp service. Looking for any information on required documents and border crossing procedures, Mexican insurance, and the best campground. Thanks in advance for any and all info.

Mark
13 REPLIES 13

MNawman
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks Dan. Good info!

DancinCampers
Explorer II
Explorer II
I got a letter from my coach lien holder, car has none. It required I purchase my Mexican liability ahead of time, and providing them with info as to dates, destinations, park we were staying at and park contact info.

Letter might become an issue if you had a claim to file.

My insurance carrier, National General, provided collision/comprehensive on the coach for $10, but would not on the Jeep.

We went in with a group of 14 coaches. The first few they asked for vehicle registrations, not sure if they would ask about lein holder permission. When they saw they were dealing with 14 coaches, they stopped asking for registrations. I was halfway back in the pack, only asked if we were bringing in cigarettes or liquor.

We crossed in Lukeville late Feb.
Dan & Sharon (Kasey, Our Yorkie, RIP 9Jan'05-26Jul'17)
2012 Winnebago Journey 36M
2020 Chevy Equinox, Blue Ox Aventa II, Air Force One

If You Obey All The Rules, You Miss All The Fun

MNawman
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks for all the good info guys!! If you have a lien on your RV and toad do you need a letter from the lien holder allowing you to take the vehicles into Mexico?

daveB110
Explorer
Explorer
And if you're wondering about the Mexican Liability, several US-based companies sell that. For instance, an old favourite is Lewis and Lewis.

rocmoc
Explorer
Explorer
Yes it is a given that you will / are required to have Mexican Liability!!

rocmoc n AZ
rocmoc n Great SouthWest USA

iguana07
Explorer
Explorer
Your comp and collision will only take effect IF you have Mexican liability. When using Nationwide or Progressive
Chuck n Sandy
Roxy the Kelpie and Kiki the cat.

mexicoruss
Explorer
Explorer
If you need local help....I am here.
Russ Black
011-521-638-113-4591 Cell Phone
Puerto Penasco, Sonora

adirtsurfer
Explorer
Explorer
Customs will let you back in USA without a Passport, if you have Gov issued Picture ID. They will verbally abuse you but will finally let you in.

rocmoc n AZ

adirtsurfer
Explorer
Explorer
insask wrote:
Liability insurance is mandatory. Your American insurance is no good in Mexico. Playa del Oro is the best park there. Close enough to everything that you can ride a bike everywhere.

Yes & No!

Yes, Liability HAS to be a Mexican Insurance Company.

No, Your USA Insurance maybe good for Comp & Coll if you have Nationwide or Progressive. Both have Mexico rider that is good in ALL of Mexico.

Reef is good if you want to be away from town a bit and play on the Sand Hill. Also quieter at night!

rocmoc n AZ

insask
Explorer
Explorer
Liability insurance is mandatory. Your American insurance is no good in Mexico. Playa del Oro is the best park there. Close enough to everything that you can ride a bike everywhere.

jdealcpa
Explorer
Explorer
Good info from Jim. We went this March, had a good time we stayed at Playa Bonita. We scouted Reef, about the same just further from town. Fine roads. Enjoy.

hypoxia
Explorer
Explorer
Passports required, Mexican liability insurance recommended. Nothing else needed if not going farther south. Lewis & Lewis Insurance.

Reef and Playa Bonita have 50 Amp, both are good places to stay.

Don't speed through Sonoita.

Cross Rio Sonoyta bridge then right on Av 16 de Septiembre to avoid congested area.
Jim

2007 Monaco Signature Noble III ISX 600HP

Talleyho69
Everyone says this, but do a search on this site. Several people have posted the same question in the last few months.