cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Flatdeck camper

moisheh
Explorer
Explorer
noreven: Sarcasm will not get you much help. Can you do a simple forum search? There are at least 2 threads on the subject with lots of posts. Tequila has a lot of info in these posts. IIRC the problem has to do with the Aduna's interpretation of load capacity. The Aduaneros are looking at your registration or door sticker and seeing only the GVW. My 1/2 ton Silverado shows a GWR of 7000 lbs. That is not the load capacity! I did not check but my load capacity is probably under 2000 lbs. However. the Mexicans are using the door sticker rating of 7000 lbs. as the load capacity. Therein lies the problem! Apparently crossing at Nogales you do not encounter that problem. I don't know if you have ever been to Mexico but Government officials do not like dealing with anything that is not normal. The easy way out for them is to just say "NO, NEXT!"" To make matters worse your tuck is not a 1/2 ton PU. It is a flatdeck. Probably that would cause them to just say NO ENTRY. But none of us can give you a definite answer. Nor can the Mexican Embassy be of any help. You could start by posting a photo of your registration. Black out any personal data and the VIN. You might also post a picture of the door sticker. This would show the GVRW and the individual axle ratings. You could also have problems with the camper being on a flatdeck. They might consider the camper to be freight, personal property that must be imported by a customs broker or some other classification. Who knows. Start with the 2 photos.

Moisheh
1 REPLY 1

DieselBurps
Explorer
Explorer
No guarantees but if you can change your registration to reflect that it is an RV, you might be able to obtain a 10 year permit.