cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Fort Pierce Cracker Barrel stop over

Steeljag
Explorer
Explorer
Wife and I will be headed to the FL Keys at the end of the month. We normally leave on a Saturday morning, but are considering leaving after work on Friday around 6 pm, driving on I 95 about 3 hours, which would put us in in Ft Pierce around 9ish.

Has anyone overnighted at the Cracker Barrel there ? Safe area ?

Just trying to save some time and get to the camp site earlier to enjoy more of the first day ! Get up, have their breakfast, and be on the road early !

Thanks for any info !
2018 Forester 3011DS
2010 Flagstaff 26RLS (Sold)
2012 Ford F-150 Screw Ecoboost H/D 3.73
1930 CCC
Going where the weather suits my clothes !
13 REPLIES 13

Steeljag
Explorer
Explorer
Thank you all for the replies ! We were / are just thinking about saving a few hours by doing this ( staying over night ) in that area. Being set up with drink in hand by noon just s seems better than 3 pm .....LOL !

I will definitely call first if we decide to go with that plan !
2018 Forester 3011DS
1930 CCC

VE3ESN
Explorer
Explorer
We were in the Ft. Pierce area several years ago and successfully stayed overnight at the Flying J, along with a number of other big and small RVs. For a truck stop, it was reasonably quiet as we recall. I'd check first, though, to see if they still allow RVs overnight.
Jerry & Susie
1996 Roadtrek 190 Versatile (Dodge 5.2 L)

Steeljag
Explorer
Explorer
Ringer wrote:
I use the "RV Parky" web site and app as a reference when traveling the interstates. According to them, there is no overnight parking permitted at the particular CB you are asking about. I would call ahead.

Good info & thank you !
2018 Forester 3011DS
1930 CCC

Ringer
Explorer
Explorer
I use the "RV Parky" web site and app as a reference when traveling the interstates. According to them, there is no overnight parking permitted at the particular CB you are asking about. I would call ahead.
2016 Allegro Bus 40AP
2008 Saturn Vue

missourijan
Explorer
Explorer
Have an alternate place to park, just in case. We haven't been to that specific Cracker Barrel but anytime we tried to park in their lot overnight there have been cars parked in the rv sites. We inquired and were told "it's the employees that park there", then they shrug. So, in my opinion they are not rv friendly.

Steeljag
Explorer
Explorer
ScottG wrote:
Diazr post seemed friendly to me - as if he was agreeing to staying there. He may also be suggesting that if you use their (limited) RV/truck parking space, you should spend some money there.
I agree.

Yup, last sentence of my post (if read) should have covered that !
2018 Forester 3011DS
1930 CCC

Steeljag
Explorer
Explorer
Personal diets duly noted ! Hoping to get info from locals, and or those who may have stayed there as to the safety of the area.
2018 Forester 3011DS
1930 CCC

dedmiston
Ozlander wrote:
So, you had trouble understanding to question.

Be nice, please.

2014 RAM 3500 Diesel 4x4 Dually long bed. B&W RVK3600 hitch โ€ข 2015 Crossroads Elevation Homestead Toy Hauler ("The Taj Mahauler") โ€ข <\br >Toys:

• 18 Can Am Maverick x3
  • 05 Yamaha WR450
  • 07 Honda CRF250X
  • 05 Honda CRF230
  • 06 Honda CRF230

midnightsadie
Explorer II
Explorer II
not that CB but we,ve stayed at others good meal and a nap. never a problem, most have a back lot for rv,s.

w4phj
Explorer
Explorer
diazr2 wrote:
Personally I like the Waffle egg and bacon breakfast. You should give that at try. ๐Ÿ™‚

X2
2021 Winnebago View 24J
2021 Ram pick up
2015 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara
Ham Radio Extra Class Volunteer Examiner
FAA A&P License

1969 Plymouth Road Runner

ScottG
Nomad
Nomad
Diazr post seemed friendly to me - as if he was agreeing to staying there. He may also be suggesting that if you use their (limited) RV/truck parking space, you should spend some money there.
I agree.

Ozlander
Explorer
Explorer
diazr2 wrote:
Personally I like the Waffle egg and bacon breakfast. You should give that at try. ๐Ÿ™‚

So, you had trouble understanding to question.
Ozlander

06 Yukon XL
2001 Trail-Lite 7253

diazr2
Explorer
Explorer