cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Fruita,Co. to Priest Gultch campground in Delores,Co.

2CAJUNS
Explorer
Explorer
What is my best route pulling 5th wheel camper and GMC diesel? Back thru Moab or to Ridgeway to Rico across Lizard Head Pass? Thanks.
4 REPLIES 4

jolooote
Explorer
Explorer
I'd camp at Ridgeway State park or down 550 in Ouray and take the truck on a day exploration of Rt 550 'The Million Dollar Hyway' down to Silverton & watch the Narrow gauge steam engine train come into town. VERY neat drive.
Joe & Charlotte

2020 Jayco Greyhawk Prestige 29MV Celestial Blue Full Body Paint E-450 305hp V10 6spd Class C 'COACH'

2012 Jeep Wrangler 285hp V6 'TOAD'

Gabby & Molly are Dogs
Leroy's a Conure, Loretta's a Squeaker

"Once it starts breakin'...GET RID OF IT!!!"

2CAJUNS
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks. Will do the Lizzard

jolooote
Explorer
Explorer
On up to Ridgeway pass Lizard head is easiest. Its a pretty drive but not as exciting as Rt550 to Silverton.
Joe & Charlotte

2020 Jayco Greyhawk Prestige 29MV Celestial Blue Full Body Paint E-450 305hp V10 6spd Class C 'COACH'

2012 Jeep Wrangler 285hp V6 'TOAD'

Gabby & Molly are Dogs
Leroy's a Conure, Loretta's a Squeaker

"Once it starts breakin'...GET RID OF IT!!!"

Busskipper
Explorer
Explorer
2CAJUNS wrote:
What is my best route pulling 5th wheel camper and GMC diesel? Back thru Moab or to Ridgeway to Rico across Lizard Head Pass? Thanks.

I'd think both would be fine but that going by Lizard head would just be more fun.

Delta - Ridgway - Telluride - Trout Lake - Dunton - just so much to see and do and the pass is so gentle I never knew it was a pass. ๐Ÿ˜ฎ

If you make the trip late in September you can enjoy the Aspen changing - Love that drive.

Best of Luck,
Busskipper
Maryland/Colorado
Travel Supreme 42DS04
GX470-FMCA - Travel less now - But still love to be on the Road
States traveled in this Coach