Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Georgia to Maine

thankdog
Explorer
Explorer
Hello fellow travelers and photographers

Once again I am hear seeking your knowledge, experience and tips for a relatively short adventure (3 weeks) - round trip taking different routes heading to explore Maine from Georgia. Driving thru the southern states quickly to explore more of PA, NY, VT MOSTLY MAINE, NH, MA, CT and back down south again. Hoping to explore lakes in Maine from the northern most stop on the trip and back down coastal regions looking to see how we like it there in mid-late Summer.

I use Furkot to plan our trips and Trip Advisor, Campendium, and here to get reviews. We travel with dogs and like privacy and views. Photography, quaint towns, local cuisine and history a plus. We are in a 41' Class A DP so always looking out for easiest approach and plenty of space.

Looking forward to reading what you have to say as you guys have never steered me wrong (pun intended).

Thank you in advance,

Lynn
Fleetwood Discovery 40X
Dog show mobile + Jeep 4-DR Wrangler toad
3 REPLIES 3

Crowe
Explorer
Explorer
Pa.....ya have Gettysburg,the Pa Dutch country and Metro Philly and all it's history
Maine....probably Kitteybukport and the Bush compound,Arcadia park....Boothbay Harbor,Red's Eate in Wiscassett
Ct...Mystic Seaport
NH...Portsmith Harbor,Quaint NE seaport, north Conway area

Agree with all the above but it's Kennebunkport, Kittery, Acadia and Wiscasett. Correct spelling will make them a bit easier to do net searches.

When do you plan on going? Reservations may be necessary due to timing. You might want to cut back on the number of places so you don't spend the whole time driving. For photography my suggestions would be the battlefields of Gettysbury, the sunset at the Bar Harbor KOA, a drive up to the top of Cadillac Mountain in Acadia National Park, the north shore of MA (Gloucester, Rockport, Newburyport, also fills the bill for quaint towns) and the scenery along the back roads in almost any New England state and upstate NY, especially if you come in the fall.

I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be

Douglas Adams

[purple]RV-less for now but our spirits are still on the open road. [/purple]

bobjogone
Explorer
Explorer
Look at campground at schoodic peninsula of Acadia National Park

ct1964ups
Explorer
Explorer
thankdog wrote:
Hello fellow travelers and photographers

Once again I am hear seeking your knowledge, experience and tips for a relatively short adventure (3 weeks) - round trip taking different routes heading to explore Maine from Georgia. Driving thru the southern states quickly to explore more of PA, NY, VT MOSTLY MAINE, NH, MA, CT and back down south again. Hoping to explore lakes in Maine from the northern most stop on the trip and back down coastal regions looking to see how we like it there in mid-late Summer.

I use Furkot to plan our trips and Trip Advisor, Campendium, and here to get reviews. We travel with dogs and like privacy and views. Photography, quaint towns, local cuisine and history a plus. We are in a 41' Class A DP so always looking out for easiest approach and plenty of space.

Looking forward to reading what you have to say as you guys have never steered me wrong (pun intended).

Thank you in advance,

Lynn

It's hard to plan your entire trip ,not knowing exactly where you want to go
Pa.....ya have Gettysburg,the Pa Dutch country and Metro Philly and all it's history
Maine....probably Kitteybukport and the Bush compound,Arcadia park....Boothbay Harbor,Red's Eate in Wiscassett
Ct...Mystic Seaport
NH...Portsmith Harbor,Quaint NE seaport, north Conway area

And these are just a few,I'm sure more people will jump in...Chuck
2017 Newmar Mountain Aire Seville on a Freightliner/2015 Granite Grand Cherokee Limited
2012 American Tradition Merlot>>SOLD
Keep The Rubber On The Road
GO NOLES