cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Glacier Trip

dave_330
Explorer
Explorer
planning a trip this summer to Glacier. From Wisconsin I am thinking I94 to hwy 83 in ND go north to hwy 2 follow hwy 2 all the way to White Fish. Any thoughts I am a 40ft class A towing a car
6 REPLIES 6

Tom_Barb
Explorer
Explorer
83 is good highway and beautiful country all the way. enjoy, some 4 lane but good road all the way.
2000 Newmar mountain aire 4081 DP, ISC/350 Allison 6 speed, Wrangler JL toad.

MDKMDK
Explorer
Explorer
We've traveled US2 a few times, usually once we get into Montana.
Lots of wildlife roaming across the roads out that way, and the odd time livestock, so be aware of what's in front of you and off to the sides. We saw mostly pronghorns on or adjacent to the roads in our experience. Cattle once.
Mike. Comments are anecdotal or personal opinions, and worth what you paid for them.
2018 (2017 Sprinter Cab Chassis) Navion24V + 2016 Wrangler JKU (sold @ ????)
2016 Sunstar 26HE, V10, 3V, 6 Speed (sold @ 4600 miles)
2002 Roadtrek C190P (sold @ 315,000kms)

docsouce
Explorer II
Explorer II
If you happen to use Rt 83, a great campground is Downstream Campground near Garrison ND. It is just a beautiful place. It was one of our favorite campgrounds on our cross country trip last year.
2020 JAYCO 26XD
Just right for the two of us!

paulj
Explorer II
Explorer II
You could cross from 94 to 2 almost anywhere, from Wisconsin to Montana.

coolmom42
Explorer
Explorer
I'm not familiar with ND83.. but your other roads are good for your rig. You will cross Marias Pass on US2, at the south end of Glacier, but it is not steep and a very gradual climb.
Single empty-nester in Middle TN, sometimes with a friend or grandchild on board

Dick_B
Explorer
Explorer
Search this Forum for Glacier and read on. Take your hiking boots.
Dick_B
2003 SunnyBrook 27FKS
2011 3/4 T Chevrolet Suburban
Equal-i-zer Hitch
One wife, two electric bikes (both Currie Tech Path+ models)