cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Highway Flooding

Joe_in_Texas
Explorer
Explorer
How do I find out the highways which are flooding or closed because of flooding. We leave Texas next sunday heading to Indiana thru Missouri and Illinois. How can I check on the roads. Thanks
10 REPLIES 10

Fred_n_Jo
Explorer
Explorer
Through Missouri there are many highways closed due to flooding. Check the MoDOT website and zoom in for a close up view of the exact locations.
2017 Host Rainier Truck Camper
2015 F450 Lariat 6.7L PSD CC 4x4

our places camped Map

our rig ready to roll

s1214
Explorer
Explorer
Each state should have a 511 website. Just search for 511 and the state name and you should get a link to the road conditions for the area you're looking for.

StarkNaked
Explorer II
Explorer II
See the first thread in this forum:

Sticky: Links to Traffic, Road Construction and Highway Conditions and Other Helpful Sites.

It has all of those links you're looking for to find road conditions.

BB_TX
Nomad
Nomad
In addition to above, I like to use google maps on my phone to look at roads ahead of us. If the road is showing in red, especially dark red, there are significant traffic issues on the stretch of roadway. And you can look to see where you might be able to detour beforehand to a highway to bypass the problem.

coolmom42
Explorer
Explorer
Look at the Department of Transportation web site for each state.
Single empty-nester in Middle TN, sometimes with a friend or grandchild on board

stevepk
Explorer
Explorer
I live in Ill on the east side of St. Louis. I have to take two detours to get to work. Google Illinois emergency road closures. IDOT updates it every couple of hours.
2018 F-250
2017 Prime Time Avenger ATI 27RKS

NEOK
Explorer
Explorer
Here is a number for Missouri conditions. I haven't called it in a long time so it might not be valid now. 800-222-6400
neok
2009 GMC 25000HD Short Bed 6.0 Gas Engine Crew Cab SLT 4x4
2008 Bigfoot 15C9.5FS
Torklift Talons, Fastguns, Stableload Quick Disconnects, Superhitch & SuperTruss

doxiemom11
Explorer II
Explorer II
There are current closures in the St Louis area. They are working on closing many miles of I-44 tonight. Up to 100 roads ( including outlying small roads) in the area closed. Most areas expected to crest Wed or Thurs, but it's supposed to rain 2-4" possible again starting Wednesday which will keep the water from receding right away. We are in IL not to far from St Louis and most flooding in IL is south from here.

louiskathy
Explorer
Explorer
Road Now

Safe Travel USA

Don't trust just one source... check these against the DOT of the state you are traveling through.
Kathy

MarkTwain
Explorer
Explorer
Joe in Texas wrote:
How do I find out the highways which are flooding or closed because of flooding. We leave Texas next sunday heading to Indiana thru Missouri and Illinois. How can I check on the roads. Thanks

Each state has their own "Dept. of Road conditions". Just call each state you need info.