cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Hwy 321 Columbia to Savannah?

riltri
Explorer
Explorer
Trying to find a route from Columbia, SC to Savannah avoiding I-26. We will be pulling a 34' 5th wheel. Any opinions on using Hwy 321?
Blue Ridge Mtns - NC
8 REPLIES 8

ct1964ups
Explorer
Explorer
haste maker wrote:
If is was me...321 would be my way...

Yea,but we all know a "Teamster" goes the longest ,slowest way...lol...lol
A Retired UPS Guy
2017 Newmar Mountain Aire Seville on a Freightliner/2015 Granite Grand Cherokee Limited
2012 American Tradition Merlot>>SOLD
Keep The Rubber On The Road
GO NOLES

charlestonsouth
Explorer
Explorer
riltri -- A lot of deer, tractors from farms, logging trucks, speed traps, soft shoulders (stay on pavement), and very little margins to pull off the road, but I would do it anyway and just take my time; almost anything is better than the interstates; remember, you are heading into swamp country; toward evening and very early morning (with a little fog), the deer graze by the road and will run in front of you; just honk that horn before you get to them. How I know all this is because I was raised in Hardeeville, just before you get to Savannah. Have a great trip.

Belgique
Explorer
Explorer
We do it all the time. All it takes is a wreck on 95 to make it quicker too.
Hickory, NC
2007 Fleetwood Discovery 40X

Horsedoc
Explorer II
Explorer II
Older federal highway. Couple of smaller towns but also some Americana there. Much of it is 4 lane divided. Not a lot of heavy/fast traffic like you will find on 26 and certainly not like 95. We avoid 95 like the plague
Will be a good ride down to Savannah
horsedoc
2008 Damon Essence
2013 Jeep Sahara Unlimited
Blue Ox tow

haste_maker
Explorer II
Explorer II
If is was me...321 would be my way...
Retried Teamster
2007 Allergo

wildtoad
Explorer II
Explorer II
Wouldnโ€™t bet on that but maybe. Shorter yes.
Tom Wilds
Blythewood, SC
2016 Newmar Baystar Sport 3004
2015 Jeep Wrangler 2dr HT

riltri
Explorer
Explorer
wildtoad wrote:
Itโ€™s a nice ride thru the state. Will take about an hour longer than 26-95 but I appreciate you wanting to avoid 26. Nothing I know of will be a concern. Plenty of little towns.

Thanks! The condition of 26 really concerns me plus it cuts out a bad section of I-95. MapQuest actually shows it to be 20 minutes faster LOL!
Blue Ridge Mtns - NC

wildtoad
Explorer II
Explorer II
Itโ€™s a nice ride thru the state. Will take about an hour longer than 26-95 but I appreciate you wanting to avoid 26. Nothing I know of will be a concern. Plenty of little towns.
Tom Wilds
Blythewood, SC
2016 Newmar Baystar Sport 3004
2015 Jeep Wrangler 2dr HT