cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Hwy 5 east to Susanville & south to Reno.

Tigre10
Explorer
Explorer
We are a Class A gas, pulling a toad & planning to go the beginning of Sept. from Hwy 5 east to Susanville & south to Reno. Thought of the 89, 44 & 36.

Anything we should be concerned with?

Return route after a visit to Utah Parks is again the 5 north to Stockton CA then the 12, 80 37 west, to 101 around Petaluma. Visit the Redwoods, & then heading north to Newport Oregon,crossing back on the 20 to the 5 North. Home for Halloween:B

Any suggestions on the route, issues, ideas?
Thanks

2012 Holiday Rambler 32'Aluma lite
2014 Ford Edge

BC Boomers
2 4 The Road
9 REPLIES 9

ramyankee
Explorer
Explorer
I just love how auto correct changes my spelling. It is Lassen auto correct. Now that word is in my tablet vocabulary.
Rick and Patti ๐Ÿ™‚
2 Proud Christian CONSERVATIVES ๐Ÿ™‚
2002 Chevy Silverado, 8.1, Crew, LB, 3.73, 4X4
2020 Mesa Ridge 291rls
Now living in North Idaho (formerly Northeastern California) ... but the heart is with MONTANA STATE UNIVERSITY

korbe
Explorer
Explorer
ramyankee wrote:
...... And I am guessing Lassen is open. TONS of snow at one time...

A link to the conditions: Clicky

ramyankee
Explorer
Explorer
korbe wrote:
We travel the I-5, 89, 44, 36, and 395 route often and highly recommend it on this forum. If you are not in a hurry, Burney Falls State Park would be a great lunch stop, or stay over. Also, Lassen National Park is just a half hour detour that we enjoy.

This might be the route I would take... And I am guessing Lessen is open. TONS of snow at one time...
Rick and Patti ๐Ÿ™‚
2 Proud Christian CONSERVATIVES ๐Ÿ™‚
2002 Chevy Silverado, 8.1, Crew, LB, 3.73, 4X4
2020 Mesa Ridge 291rls
Now living in North Idaho (formerly Northeastern California) ... but the heart is with MONTANA STATE UNIVERSITY

korbe
Explorer
Explorer
We travel the I-5, 89, 44, 36, and 395 route often and highly recommend it on this forum. If you are not in a hurry, Burney Falls State Park would be a great lunch stop, or stay over. Also, Lassen National Park is just a half hour detour that we enjoy.

Durb
Explorer
Explorer
We did the trip to Susanville in April and hit a lot of snow. No problem with that now. It is a pretty road and easy drive.

If it was me I would head north to Lincoln city from Newport and take 18 East making sure to use the bypass around McMinnville (and by the Spruce Goose). I would then turn south at Newberg and take the country road that hits I5 at Donald. This is a pretty road with little traffic. If you stay on 18 it turns into 99W into Portland which is a nightmare.

eDUBz
Explorer
Explorer
There was construction going on when we went from Susanville to Reno 3 weeks ago - like mentioned above, steep grade coming into susanvile.
LBZ - Stealth TH - RZR 900 4 - Honda 450X - Paddleboarder - Fisherman - Kayaker

susan-y
Explorer
Explorer
Lots and LOTS of construction on 101. Took 20(West) to 101(North) and spent a fair amount of time sitting.... and dodging bicycles. But the scenery was nice ๐Ÿ™‚
[purple]Life looks better through a windshield.
[/purple]
2008 Winnebago View

accsys
Explorer
Explorer
That's the way we went from Redding to Carson City a couple of years ago. There was some construction but that should have cleared by now and new ones popped up!:B
John & Doris
Doris and Robbies Blogs
2017 Cedar Creek Cottage 40 CCK
FMCA F380583, PA, Good Sams

bdpreece
Explorer
Explorer
No problems except for the downhill into Susanville which is a little steep. Just be cautious and slow down everything is good.
Brian, Loretta & Daisy (Golden Retriever)

2008 Holiday Rambler Endeavor PDQ40
2014 Ford Explorer toad