cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

I-10 east out of Eloy Az

socal
Explorer
Explorer
Hello will be heading east on I-10 east of Eloy, Az. Looking at the map indicates east bound closed so I am assuming I can still head east. Anyone know if detours are established? Thanks.

David
Gila Bend, Az.
8 REPLIES 8

socal
Explorer
Explorer
Second Chance wrote:
Don't know when you're traveling, but winds in the Eloy area are predicted WSW at 20 - 30 MPH tomorrow...
Thanks for that info but won't travel until this Sunday with today being Tuesday.

Second_Chance
Explorer II
Explorer II
Don't know when you're traveling, but winds in the Eloy area are predicted WSW at 20 - 30 MPH tomorrow...
U.S. Army retired
2020 Solitude 310GK-R
MORryde IS, disc brakes, solar, DP windows
(Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
2012 F350 CC DRW Lariat 6.7
Full-time since 8/2015

paulj
Explorer II
Explorer II
Google maps sat view shows the work in progress, and a few of the Streetview images are as new as Dec 2018 (most are from 2015).

socal
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks to all that responded, trip looks doable. Thanks again.

paulj
Explorer II
Explorer II
https://azdot.gov/projects/southcentral-district-projects/i-10-sr-87-to-town-of-picacho-widening-and...

AZ Dot is rebuilding the intersection with US87.

Google Maps probably gets its closure information from AZ Dot. Their 511 map is a little confusing about what's closed around this intersection. It looks as though some through lanes have been shifted over to the new intersection, with closures on the old ones.

So expect some workzone lane changes, but don't worry about closures or detours (unless exiting to 87).

wrktfsh
Explorer
Explorer
Just went from Tucson to San Diego. I-10 is open but there is construction. You should have no problems besides some slowdowns

midnightsadie
Explorer II
Explorer II
if me, I,d be calling odot the day before,

pigman1
Explorer
Explorer
There's work around the I-8 I-10 split on bridges and also around Eloy for widening I-10, but the road is not closed. We cruised through fine about 2 weeks ago. Lane changes, narrow lanes and shoulder closures but nothing closed. Look up ADOT road restrictions on Google and get the latest.
Pigman & Piglady
2013 Tiffin Allegro Bus 43' QGP
2011 Chevy Silverado 1500
SMI Air Force One toad brake
Street Atlas USA Plus