cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I24 travel

Kquader
Explorer
Explorer
I have a 35 ft fifth wheel and prefer not going through mountains. Going down i65 to I20 from Michigan to SC was a great route but would like to shorten if possible. How is going through from I 65 to I24 to I20.. We don’t like the mountains so going through the Virginia’s are not an option. Thanks for any help. Karen
5 REPLIES 5

Matt_Colie
Explorer
Explorer
There used to be a neat site called "Flattest Route". Well, it still there, but apparently Google Maps jacked up the cost of map access so they had to shut the whole thing down.

Thanks Google.....

Matt
Matt & Mary Colie
A sailor, his bride and their black dogs (one dear dog is waiting for us at the bridge) going to see some dry places that have Geocaches in a coach made the year we married.

jaycocamprs
Explorer
Explorer
I-24 thru Chattanooga to I-75 south will shorten your trip 90 miles. Yes you will have to cross Monteagle Mountain. Coming from Nashville it about 4 miles of 5% up and 5 miles of 6% down, with about 2 miles of near flat across the top. I wouldn't go 90 out of the way, but that's me. You could come down I-75 thru Cincinnati, OH. You would then have to cross Jellico Mountain. The grades are about the same, but southbound you would climb the steep side. Mileage between I-65 and I-75 is near equal.
2018 Silverado 3500 DRW
2011 Montana Mountaineer 285RLD

yr2017
Explorer
Explorer
Stick with 65 to 20
Big AL
DOD - 02 APR 2020 - CANCER

Kquader
Explorer
Explorer
Thank you, that’s exactly what I wanted to know.

Wadcutter
Explorer III
Explorer III
If you don't like mountains then you're not going to like Monteagle Mountain west of Chattanooga. Do a websearch on it.
Camped in every state