cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Is the Canadian App still needed for border crossing

Campincarters
Explorer
Explorer
Hello. Have plans to travel to Canadian Maritimes in September. I the Canadian App still needed to cross the border.
2017 Forester 3011DS
naugatuck, Connecticut
10 REPLIES 10

JaxDad
Explorer III
Explorer III
MDKMDK wrote:
For information on importation of poultry products, and other inexplicable Canadian import bans....

https://inspection.canada.ca/animal-health/terrestrial-animals/diseases/reportable/avian-influenza/i...

Donโ€™t fool yourself with the dazzle of politicized double-talk.

We got stopped heading south into the US recently and randomly sent to secondary, not normally something that happens, and the only issue they had was with an unopened bag of dog food. Prohibited in the US I was told, abandon it or turn around and head back to Canada.

Pointing out the offending product was clearly labelled โ€œMade in USA entirely from quality American ingredients.โ€ got me nowhere.

I abandoned it. 3 hours down the road we went into a pet store and bought some more dog food, *exactly* the same as what we had left at the borderโ€ฆโ€ฆ.

SideHillSoup
Explorer
Explorer
MDKMDK wrote:
For information on importation of poultry products, and other inexplicable Canadian import bans....

https://inspection.canada.ca/animal-health/terrestrial-animals/diseases/reportable/avian-influenza/i...

inexplicable?
2018 Northern Lite 8-11 EX Dry Bath
2017 Sierra SLE, 3500 HD / 4x4 / Duramax with a 6 speed Allison Trans
Torklift Super Hitch 20K, 48" Super Truss, front and rear frame mounted tie downs
Fast Gun Long Range SS Turnbuckles, Fast Gun locks

MDKMDK
Explorer
Explorer

Mike. Comments are anecdotal or personal opinions, and worth what you paid for them.
2018 (2017 Sprinter Cab Chassis) Navion24V + 2016 Wrangler JKU (sold @ ????)
2016 Sunstar 26HE, V10, 3V, 6 Speed (sold @ 4600 miles)
2002 Roadtrek C190P (sold @ 315,000kms)

Salty_Dog
Explorer
Explorer
We crossed from the US into Canada 2 days ago. Arrive CAN was not needed. We went thru security quickly with our 5th. Took less than 5 minutes.
Wife, kids, somebody else's kids, dog, kitchen sink

Cleverly disguised as an adult.

thomas201
Explorer
Explorer
I assume you are a US citizen arriving from the US. Then by land 3 weeks ago, no. Leaving by air and entering the US a week ago, then no again. Entering with the RV, just a quick chat with Canadian customs. US customs walked through the class C.

The Canadian site linked above, says the status could change at any moment. Check before you go. Check the morning before you hit the border.

Canada has the same interest in fruits, veggies and guns as usual. I might be flagged on the gun thing, since I have hunted in Canada within the past 3 years. Oh yeah, they were on the warpath about fresh chicken, but I think that is now done.

US security was its usual self.

pianotuna
Nomad II
Nomad II
Campincarters wrote:
Thank you All

Hi,

While arrivcan is not required--it makes your life easier!
Regards, Don
My ride is a 28 foot Class C, 256 watts solar, 556 amp-hours of Telcom jars, 3000 watt Magnum hybrid inverter, Sola Basic Autoformer, Microair Easy Start.

Campincarters
Explorer
Explorer
Thank you All
2017 Forester 3011DS
naugatuck, Connecticut

Trackrig
Explorer II
Explorer II
NO!!!

Bill
Nodwell RN110 out moose hunting. 4-53 Detroit, Clark 5 spd, 40" wide tracks, 10:00x20 tires, 16,000# capacity, 22,000# weight. You know the mud is getting deep when it's coming in the doors.

MDKMDK
Explorer
Explorer
No. Visit www.travel.gc.ca for all your questions about travel in Canada.

https://travel.gc.ca/travel-covid
Mike. Comments are anecdotal or personal opinions, and worth what you paid for them.
2018 (2017 Sprinter Cab Chassis) Navion24V + 2016 Wrangler JKU (sold @ ????)
2016 Sunstar 26HE, V10, 3V, 6 Speed (sold @ 4600 miles)
2002 Roadtrek C190P (sold @ 315,000kms)

Matt_Colie
Explorer
Explorer
Carters,

Last I heard, the Arrive Can app was no longer essential, but it was recommended. It is not that tough a thing to master and it is free.

Matt_C
Matt & Mary Colie
A sailor, his bride and their black dogs (one dear dog is waiting for us at the bridge) going to see some dry places that have Geocaches in a coach made the year we married.