cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Jacksonville, FL to Hiawassee, GA Route Ideas

Nomeslee
Explorer
Explorer
We have a 31' Class C motorhome with a car dolly and are looking for suggestions for the best route into Hiawassee that won't be too challenging/stressful of a drive. We're concerned about choosing a route through the mountains that won't have hairpin turns or really steep grades.
4 REPLIES 4

RetiredRealtorR
Explorer
Explorer
Google "directions from Jacksonville FL to Hiawassee GA" -- check the 'avoid highways' box -- and it will give you 3 good routes, all about the same amount of travel time. Have fun!
. . . never confuse education with intelligence, nor motion with progress

Retired_JSO
Explorer
Explorer
I drive to Jacksonville from Blairsville every month. The routes described I-75- I-575-515 is the flattest and fastest route. My bride hates Atlanta traffic so I go a slower, longer less stressful route, I-96/I-16, US441 to Clayton then over the mountain on US76 through Hiawassee to Blairsville.

jaycocamprs
Explorer
Explorer
Your flattest straightest route is I-575/GA-515 out of Marietta, GA. IF you want to stay east of Atlanta, US-441 to Clayton, then US-76 west to Hiawassee. Do not take US-19/129.
2018 Silverado 3500 DRW
2011 Montana Mountaineer 285RLD

Lwiddis
Explorer
Explorer
I75 is fastest and doesn’t violate federal highway standards on curves and climbs but you do go through Atlanta. There are more scenic routes which I favor.
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad