cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Kansas City traffic

Lon-Str
Explorer
Explorer
Towing north on I 35. Wondering about the traffic situation in Kansas City. Is there an easier way back to 35 north of town than straight through?
6 REPLIES 6

colliehauler
Explorer
Explorer
To me it's faster just going through the city but I time it before rush hour or on a Sunday to go through KC and Minneapolis/St Paul.

jrs1871
Explorer
Explorer
We actually prefer taking 152 from west I435 over to I35. Until you get to four or five stop lights just west of I35, it is a straight shot. A lot of it depends on the time of day you are going through. But that can be said for trying to get through any metropolitan area.

JRscooby
Explorer II
Explorer II
WE-C-USA wrote:
Texas Shadow running the westside of the 435 loop is the way to go. But instead of going to 36 take 152 back over to I-35.

152 was good, but now it has way to much traffic on the west side of Liberty.
A couple of times permit loads (12 ft wide and 8 axles) required I635 to I29 south to I35 north. Would be a good way.

WE-C-USA
Explorer
Explorer
Texas Shadow running the westside of the 435 loop is the way to go. But instead of going to 36 take 152 back over to I-35.
Frank & PJ
2022 2500HD GMC Duramax 4X4
2018 Grand Design-Refection 303RLS

TexasShadow
Explorer
Explorer
Ok, for what it's worth, this is the way I would do it.

take I 35 to I435 NE up to I 29 N. Continue on 1 29 to St. Joseph and take 36 highway east to I 35. There is a lot of construction on I 35 , but it is south of this junction.
TexasShadow
Holiday Rambler Endeavor LE/ 3126B Cat
Sometimes BMW K75 on Rear Carrier
Jeep Grand Cherokee or 2016 Ford XLT 4x4 super cab with 8 ft bed
M&G aux brake system
854 Watts of Solar Power

Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else.

JRscooby
Explorer II
Explorer II
I have lived in, and drove in KC metro area nearly half a century. Stay off I 435. I can't recall a time sense it opened that there was not construction on it somewhere. Now the main mess is near the Mo river, east of downtown.
I 35 in Johnson county, Ks (from about Olathe to downtown) rush hour is from 7 A to 9 P, and it goes both directions. But IMHO most times it moves smother than Dallas.
The main issue going thru downtown is I70 and I35 cross on the same level in a loop right down town. If you watch the signs, get in the lane the sign tells you it is not that hard