cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Kentucky to Lake George RV Resort New York

noe-place
Explorer
Explorer
What is the quickest route to cross NY from east to west to get to LG? I will be coming across I-90 so should I stay on 90 then north on 87 or is there a quicker route I could take?
10 REPLIES 10

noe-place
Explorer
Explorer
Not the route I'm taking back.

alfredmay
Explorer
Explorer
But it is on your way back to KY........ not out of the way at all.
Alfred May
2005 Excursion V10 4.30 4x4
2002 Cedar Creek 30RBS TT by Forest River
Reese Dual Cam
Tekonsha Prodigy

noe-place
Explorer
Explorer
I just checked and I see it's a 200+ mile drive from Lake George to NYC so that little side trip is out of the question but thanks for the information.

alfredmay
Explorer
Explorer
Stay at Libery Harbor RV Park in Jersey City, NJ.... very easy access to NYC.

Gray Line Bus Tour
OR
NYC Double Decker Tours

Take a hop on hop off tour and do it yourself or for more money take a guided tour.

I also Highly suggest the Circle line boat tour around Manhattan. By combining a land bus tour with a water tour you really can see a lot.
Alfred May
2005 Excursion V10 4.30 4x4
2002 Cedar Creek 30RBS TT by Forest River
Reese Dual Cam
Tekonsha Prodigy

noe-place
Explorer
Explorer
OK, DW has just informed me she wants to go into New York City and take a bus tour of the popular spots. I'm not even thinking of researching the hundreds of possibilities so I'll ask you New Yorkers for advice. One of our group has difficulty walking so a bus tour seems like a good idea. HELP

noe-place
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks y'all for the help.

Roman_Duck
Explorer
Explorer
Ok east to west from I90. After crossing into NY take I90 towards Buffalo until you reach I 787 north. Take I-787 north to rt7 west. Follow rt7 west to I=87 north. You'll skirt the capital traffic. once on I87 north LG will be about 30 miles
"You never fail until you stop trying!!"
My advice is free but I do consider donations

Mikepy
Explorer
Explorer
X2 on 90 to 87 I have stayed at LG resort x2 on that also.

nomad297
Explorer
Explorer
I can't help you with the route, but I can tell you that Lake George RV Resort is a great place. We spent ten days there last year and we are doing the same this year over the 4th of July. There is a lot to do around there, also.

Bruce
2010 Skyline Nomad 297 Bunk House, 33-1/4 feet long
2015 Silverado 3500HD LTZ 4x4, 6.0 liter long bed with 4.10 rear, 3885# payload
Reese Straight-Line 1200# WD with built-in sway control
DirecTV -- SWM Slimline dish on tripod, DVR and two H25 receivers

NY_RVer
Explorer
Explorer
That will probably be the quickest route. You could go through the mountains and up Rt 12 to Rt 28, but it will be a much slower go.
2016 Ram 3500 Laramie Crew Cab 4x4 SRW 6.7 Cummins
2014 Jayco Jay Flight 28BHBE
Reese Dual Cam