cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Leaving Stone Island, Mazatlan, need advice ASAP

Big_C
Explorer
Explorer
A few of us are packing up and leaving as soon as we can. Sandra is now going to hit landfall here in Mazatlan as best we can tell. The amount of rainfall predicted has more than doubled since this morning. The storm is still a Cat 2, we are leaving. Best to be safe. We need you input at to where to head. Is there a Pemex on the toll road to Tepic that would be good to stay at. Or how about a good toll booth to stop at? Or how about the road to Durango, just to the first toll both or Pemex. Need to know some for sure places, not just "I think there might be". Thanks in advance.

Low tide and the ocean is still coming up to the wall, huge waves.
the 5C's
Big C & Mamma C
2 little c's (weiner dogs)
2001,39' RoseAir (Rexhall) DP with 2 slides
2015 Jeep Grand Cherokee
contessajewall,com
16 REPLIES 16

Big_C
Explorer
Explorer
Will do....our site at the moment is under water ๐Ÿ˜ž So we are in another. Most of the day spent cleaning the rig and the car. If I don't do a post today, I will tomorrow. We are rather worn out and still face the second set up in under two weeks, bur first we need to get rid of the water sitting in our site. RV 2 all had to move to the back row, surf came over their wall which is lower than ours.
the 5C's
Big C & Mamma C
2015 Jeep Grand Cherokee
contessajewall,com

qtla9111
Nomad
Nomad
Big C, please post an update with pics of your site on your blog. I'm sure everything is okay but just concerned.
2005 Dodge Durango Hemi
2008 Funfinder 230DS
Living and Boondocking Mexico Blog

Big_C
Explorer
Explorer
We know.....have been power washing the RV and car for two hours. Finally happy hour. We don't regret doing what we did.
the 5C's
Big C & Mamma C
2015 Jeep Grand Cherokee
contessajewall,com

moisheh
Explorer
Explorer
Big C: That mud is full of salt. Make sure you wash the underside of all your vehicles.

Moisheh

Tequila
Explorer
Explorer
Glad you are Ok Ferne.

Big_C
Explorer
Explorer
Made it back to the Isla and Tres Amigos RV Park. The road was okay and we did it in 40 minutes, going slowly. Lots of water but because the road is in such good shape it was fine. Our site is under water because it is the lowest point in the park. We are in another site until ours dries out. Cleaning all the wet mud off the RV next.
the 5C's
Big C & Mamma C
2015 Jeep Grand Cherokee
contessajewall,com

northsloper
Explorer
Explorer
Looks like bad hombre Jose got this one right...even Fernie stayed close. Storm meal at El Valeros not going down sober LOL

Tequila
Explorer
Explorer
Good luck, be sure to let us know what happens, |I will be in maz on wend for one night, headed north

Big_C
Explorer
Explorer
We are safe at the first toll booth on 40D towards Durango. Only 15 minutes inland from Villa Union. Very lite drizzle here. Next decision is when to return re 'the road' with another 30mm forecast to fall.

Thanks for all your input.
the 5C's
Big C & Mamma C
2015 Jeep Grand Cherokee
contessajewall,com

tepetapan
Explorer
Explorer
cross country wrote:
lots of us here at San Fernando. As of 2 pm the eye seems to be just South of Maz. Yesterday the route was North of Maz. This from the National Hurricane Center Almot put up in another thread. Sea water came over the wall at Mar Rosa this morning. There is room at San Fernado where we are a meter above the street and about 9 feet above sea level. We think there will be a lot of flooded roadways by morning.

It is quickly turning into a nonevent. Max. 6 inches of rain, 2 to 4 inches over a greater area. In a real hurricane the 9 feet above sea level would be 6 to 9 feet to little for the storm surge.

cross_country
Explorer
Explorer
lots of us here at San Fernando. As of 2 pm the eye seems to be just South of Maz. Yesterday the route was North of Maz. This from the National Hurricane Center Almot put up in another thread. Sea water came over the wall at Mar Rosa this morning. There is room at San Fernado where we are a meter above the street and about 9 feet above sea level. We think there will be a lot of flooded roadways by morning.

Mary and Tom '86 Crosscountry Sportscoach
2000 Foretravel U320 4210

Talleyho69
TEPIC!!!!!

Four hours south on the toll road, inland enough, nice park, fully walled and protected. Nice city,too.

Better to go a little farther and be totally safe.

tepetapan
Explorer
Explorer
NHC is calling it a tropical storm while off shore and a tropical depression when it hits shore. Your greatest dangers will be driving during the heavy rains and sitting too close to the beach. Otherwise, I don't see it being a problem.
head due east and south if you feel like you need to move. They only travel at 20 mph or so, easy to stay away if you don't run into traffic. It has been tracking north since it was born and is projected to proceed in a northeast direction.

navegator
Explorer
Explorer
The path of the eye is expected north of Mazatlan, go South on 150, at least to Tepic, it will make land early Saturday 04:00 and latter, I expect a lot of rain so drive slow but steady.

Do not go North or inland to much rain and bad roads go South now.

navegator