cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lexington>Branson

jmac
Explorer
Explorer
End of June moving on to Branson, gps routes thru StLouis. Should I consider down thru Paduca, cape Giradeau, popular bluff? Don’t want to get on any narrow country roads. But like to see more than freeway too.

Jerry & Judy McDonald

MOLLY (THE BASENJI) Now R.I.P

Verizon cell & broadband

2003 DP Escaper 3979/330 cat MH
PT
http://jerryjudytravels.blogspot.com

8 REPLIES 8

melandme
Explorer
Explorer
I have driven the Lexington to Paducah on the Bluegrass & Western KY Parkway in the motor home and taking the boat to KY Lake. Both are a good roads with little traffic. There is construction on I65 at Elizabethtown between the parkways that has a lane closure and may cause a slow down. It is only about 3 miles. The bridges at Cairo are narrow. Do a Google Maps street view and you can follow a semi across and see how narrow they are.

Not applicable
Going up to stl to pick up 44 is out of your way. 4 lane, but semis galore. Decent scenery when you get out of stl. Then 55 mi to Branson from sprfld. I'd go across southern Mo. that should be a nice drive. Then it's about 35 miles down 65 when you exit 60.

doxiemom11
Explorer II
Explorer II
We go down to Sikeston and then take 60 west. We stopped in Poplar Bluff for a couple nights then headed south.

jmac
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks for info, more adventure??

Jerry & Judy McDonald

MOLLY (THE BASENJI) Now R.I.P

Verizon cell & broadband

2003 DP Escaper 3979/330 cat MH
PT
http://jerryjudytravels.blogspot.com

Johno02
Explorer
Explorer
X2 on DON'T TAKE THE BRIDGES!!! Been there won't Ever do it again!
Noel and Betty Johnson (and Harry)

2005 GulfStream Ultra Supreme, 1 Old grouch, 1 wonderful wife, and two silly poodles.

zigzagrv
Explorer
Explorer
I avoid St. Louis. In Paduca, pick up US60. Starts out good 2-lane through some small towns then goes to good 4-lane in Cairo, IL and runs all the way to Springfield, MO. Before you get to Cairo, you have the choice to go to I57 which runs into US60 at Sikeston or take the bridges over the Ohio and Mississippi rivers. Unless you're into thrill rides, I suggest you NOT take the bridges. VERY NARROW!

Ron

2003 Gulf Stream Ultra Supreme 33'
F53 Class A
2013 Ford Edge toad

jplante4
Explorer
Explorer
Busdriver wrote:
Have went both ways. Southern route not that bad . Some small towns. If u take the southern route stop in skiston. Eat at home of the throwed roll!

There's also a Lambert's off US 65 in Ozark MO on the way to Branson.
Jerry & Jeanne
1996 Safari Sahara 3530 - 'White Tiger'
CAT 3126/Allison 6 speed/Magnum Chassis
2014 Equinox AWD / Blue Ox

Busdriver
Explorer
Explorer
Have went both ways. Southern route not that bad . Some small towns. If u take the southern route stop in skiston. Eat at home of the throwed roll!

Busdriver

2019 2500 Chevy Duramax , - 2017 Grand Design 303 RLS