cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Lexington KY to Dayton Ohio

navybanker
Explorer
Explorer
Trip planned this fall and looking for advice for traveling thru Cincinnati. Pulling 38 ft fifth wheel. Thanks
2017 Montana 3611 RL
2012 Chevy 2500HD Duramax
7 REPLIES 7

afidel
Explorer II
Explorer II
ifd22 wrote:
Take 275 west around town. I-75 through Cincinnati is a train wreck. The road surface will destroy your camper. The lanes have been moved and shifted so many times you pretty much have to guess where you should be in the road. They are also currently painting the Brence Spence bridge which creates backups everyday. Most days with traffic I-275 wonโ€™t lengthen your travel time at all.

One of the few times I've been really in a pickle while towing was 71/75 merge before the bridge, came through maintaining my lane the whole way due to rush hour traffic, went from middle lane to ramp to left lane to lane ended, who ends a left lane?!? The only other situation I've felt was that messed up was 75 south through Atlanta, at one point you were merged in from the left and had to get to the right to stay on 75, across 8 lanes in a few miles. It was insane to do that in a thunderstorm in a van, can't imagine what it would have been like with a trailer. I'm glad they've redone that area since and now I just take the HOV lane to bypass all the craziness.
2019 Dutchman Kodiak 293RLSL
2015 GMC 1500 Sierra 4x4 5.3 3.42 full bed
Equalizer 10k WDH

ifd22
Explorer
Explorer
Take 275 west around town. I-75 through Cincinnati is a train wreck. The road surface will destroy your camper. The lanes have been moved and shifted so many times you pretty much have to guess where you should be in the road. They are also currently painting the Brence Spence bridge which creates backups everyday. Most days with traffic I-275 wonโ€™t lengthen your travel time at all.
2019 Primetime lite Crusader
2018 Ram 2500 Crewcab CTD
Andersen hitch

Bob806
Explorer III
Explorer III
US 68 is a decent road that we've taken to avoid Cincinnati.

rbtglove
Explorer
Explorer
GOIN THROUGH CINCY ON 75 IS NEVER EASY. We do it often both ways to Norris Lake and back. We used the brige in May they are still working on it. Going around can be better but not always. Avoid rush hour if you can. Going south we went right through coming North we had about a 40 min delay. There is still a lot of construction on the bridge and 75 in Cincy.
Bob/Beavercreek OH
2011 Silverado 1500 LTZ/Trail Lite 8230

cliffy49
Explorer II
Explorer II
If it were me, I would just take the by-pass around it and be done with it. We also went thru in April and the bridge was down to one lane going up I75 and backed-up for an hour. Guess you throw the dice and take your chances.
cliffy49
2016 F150 Ecoboost & max tow (Gone)
2021 Silverado Custom 2500HD
2018 Catalina TH26 Toy hauler

Busdriver
Explorer
Explorer
Depends on the time of day , the later in the day the more traffic backs up north bound, late afternoon have saw it backed up to the rest area

Busdriver

2019 2500 Chevy Duramax , - 2017 Grand Design 303 RLS

larry_cad
Explorer
Explorer
I-75 thru Cincinnati has been completely repaired and when I came thru there in late April was very smooth.
Today is my personal best for most consecutive days alive.

Our Travel Blog