cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Links to Traffic, Road Construction and Highway Conditions and Other Helpful Sites

Davis
Explorer
Explorer
Here is a nationwide traffic alert site submitted by a member.

National Traffic and Road Closure Information

Here are the DOT sites for 49 states. Many states have very well organized and user friendly sites giving not only traffic and road info but also weather, laws and rules and other information. Many also link to their state sites all of their major cities as well.

Alabama

Alaska

Arkansas

Arizona

California

Colorado

Connecticut

Delaware

Florida

Georgia

Idaho

Illinois

Indiana

Iowa

Kansas

Kentucky

Louisiana

Maine

Maryland

Massachusetts

Michigan

Minnesota

Mississippi

Missouri

Montana

Nebraska

Nevada

New Hampshire

New Jersey

New Mexico

New York

North Carolina

North Dakota

Ohio

Oklahoma

Oregon

Pennsylvania

Rhode Island

South Carolina

South Dakota

Tennessee

Texas

Utah

Vermont

Virginia

Washington

West Virginia

Wisconsin

Wyoming
It is easy to be brave from a safe distance - Aesop's fables
45 REPLIES 45

ebernier
Explorer
Explorer
Does anyone know a resource for highway elevations in US and Canada?
Elizabeth
Elizabeth

butterfly_girl
Explorer
Explorer
sorry need to post new topic...have a good day
"Wheresoever you go, go with all your heart."
Live life as a gift you unwrap daily

Sharon
Hubby...bob-88Bounder
Poky the Dog...and Ally the Dog.. Both rescued dogs.
OUR RIG.. 1988 34' Bounder...
Rincon Beach, Ventura Calif
Our BLOG
1 Romantic Wedding

My Space Page

feistycapn
Explorer
Explorer
Here is a valuable link. (I think)
Wikipedia Interstate Highway reference

The above link is just the starting point. Scroll down to the bottom and you will see a table of interstate links that will take you to detailed information on various interstate highways.

Enjoy

RNDad
Explorer
Explorer
Just found an internet mapping service I actually like. Right now it's in beta form, but works quite well.

www.maps.google.com

Drive safely and enjoy the ride.

Scott
"Life may not be the party we hoped for...but while we are here we might as well dance!"

DW, married 27 wonderful years
DS 25 & DD 23

pasaholden
Explorer
Explorer
I am interested in the effect of the length of the travel trailer on access and travel on US highways, state highways, local roads and areas. I am considering buying a TT somewhere between 29 and 33 ft and I wonder if there is some rule of thumb beyond the obvious "longer is less flexible" notion about length of TT and type of roads I cannot use. We like to travel to the mountains so this may have an effect on what I buy and where I can travel. Suggestions about where I should go to look for info. Thanks
Pat in San Antonio
Looking forward to retirement soon

grandpa___nana
Explorer
Explorer
WOW! Your list enabled me to compile a list of the telephone numbers for the Highway Patrol in the eight states I will traverse on my trip to CT next week. A call before starting each day will give the weather and road conditions ahead. This what makes this Forum so great. Thanks---
grandpa & nana

''The only requirement for evil to flourish is for good men to do nothing.'' Edmund Burke

Moose_Drool
Explorer
Explorer
Washington State also has 511 for traffic and road report. I'm guessing many state will also have this number soon.
Drive Safe and have a great time!

c_traveler2
Nomad
Nomad
Here's the toll free for:
California Road Conditions...1-800427-7623
Arizona Road Conditions......1-888-411-7623
2007 F-250 4x4 /6.0 PSD/ext cab/ 2020 Bunduvry

Lance 815/ 85 watts solar panel (sold)
2020 Bunduvry by BundutecUSA

Travelingman2 Photo Website
Truck Camper Trip Reports 3.0
travelingman21000 YouTube Videos
Alex and Julie's Travels Blog

Engineer9860
Explorer
Explorer
Davis- You might want to add this link to this topic. I would think that someone would also want to check it out, and report back on it's reliability.

I get a lot of trucking industry publications, and found this listed in the Owner Operator Independant Driver Association's Land Line magazine.

It is a site that gives the status of the Canadian border crossings. It lists all the border crossings, and the wait at each one. Land Line reports that it is updated every hour. I hope it gives someone some useful information.

Canada Border Services
In Memoriam: Liberty Belle

OVER55
Explorer
Explorer
We are in need of directions from PROVIDENCE, RI to CHARLOTTESVILLE, VA. We will be driving a 37 foot Class A and this will be our first trip. We have directions from Mapquest, Yahoo, Rand McNally and Coach-Net, all of which are very conflicting information. We have driving this trip via car a couple of times but need to worry about tunnels (LP) and cannot remember where the tunnels are. PLEASE HELP, THANK YOU

Redfox11
Explorer
Explorer
Here is a site I like to use, http://www.traffic.com , Has real time traffic and construction maps for many metro cities. You do do have to register to use it but no charge!
Dave & Belinda :):W HR 111460,
04 H-R Endeavor 40PAQ, BlueOX,
10 Jeep Liberty
1 Ragdoll 'Boobookitty', 2 (Evil) Yorkie's 'Dixie' and 'Rio'

Davis
Explorer
Explorer
While researching this I noticed around a third of the states had the 511 service. This that do I have linked to the 511 websites on the above posts.
It is easy to be brave from a safe distance - Aesop's fables

RVSnowbird
Explorer
Explorer
Oregon recently started using a simple toll-free 5-1-1 telephone number for highway conditions - are other states using this now too?
have you checked out the new RV.net Blogs yet?

Deceased 2/28/08 RIP

Beddows
Explorer
Explorer

GAS & MILEAGE CONVERSION SHEETS

The following Excel templates will track your gas mileage, average & total consumption plus total costs. It will track these across the US, Canada & Mexico & do all the conversions between the 3 currencies & 2 systems. All you need is your odometer reading, the total cost of the fill up (cost per gallon is calculated), and the total gallons/liters added.

If travelling in Canada or Mexico you also need the current exchange rate. Unneccesary columns will hide if you are only travelling in one country, but all the calculations happen in background anyway.

In order for this to work properly you need to fill up completely, but if you don't, it will correct itself, next time you do.

You need to set the security level in Excel to medium or low since they contain macros. (tools/options/security/macro security)

These were written in Office XP & will work in Office XP & 2000. They may not work in Office 97.

There are 2 versions.

If your vehicles odometer is calibrated in miles, download:

http://www.vancouver.hm/conversionmiles.zip

If your vehicles odometer is calibrated in km, download:

http://www.vancouver.hm/conversionkm.zip
2004 Chevy Dmax 3500 DRW
2008 SnowRiver 10.8 Prestige Signature edition
Honda Eu2000i & 125 watts Solar
Polar Cub A/C
SuperSprings
Torklift tie downs/fastguns/Stable Loads
2009 Continental 5 x 9 Cargo trailer/ Superhitch
10 ft Portabote
2009 Mexico Trip Blog

GizmosMom
Explorer
Explorer
WOW! All in one place. Very Handy. Thanks! Thanks a million!
Marilyn w/ Joe, 2016 Class C Sunseeker 2430 SF, often pulling a Ranger bass boat. Traveling with Trigger
Smudge & Gizmo are waiting at the Rainbow Bridge