cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking for tips, suggestions on travel in Mexico?

TahoeBoonDogZ
Explorer
Explorer
Hello fellow campers going to Mexico,

Just checking our options. We have a Truck Camper and are looking on doing a winter adventure to Yucatán Mexico, starting from Baja and cross over to mainland Mexico.

Looking for recommendations on caravans, or small groups, small company planned trips, travel supplies, blogs, maps, recommended routes, experiences, etc?

We’re ready for a exciting adventure to mainland Mexico for the winter of 2021- 2022.

Thank you for any help, this is a big adventure and I could use all the help I can get, or if there is a link or website to this type topic can you please advise me?

Debbie
3 REPLIES 3

Wm_Elliot
Explorer
Explorer
A truck camper is a great rig for Mexico - small enough to easily park for the night.
If you are passing through GDL I would suggest Chimulco Trailer Park. Warm spring water, good campsites. Chimulco

Talleyho69
At the top of the forum are, "stickies." These give you the information you need on getting your personal and vehicle permits on line before you get to Mexico. This is highly recommended. It also gives lots of hints on crossing borders and other things.

You are going to have a great trip! We first did that same trip in 1985 in a car and a tent.

The baja ferry information is all on line and you can make your reservations there too.

Do use this forum for information and questions. I think it's a great resource. Moderator

Galvanizd
Explorer
Explorer
Welcome to the forum.
Well when you make it to the mainland side, make sure and stop off at Puerto Penasco (Rocky Point) on your way south. Good little spot to rest up for a few days along the beach front. We stay at tThe Reef Rv park when we go in February. You'll like it.
You don't really need a caravan for Rocky Point , its only about 67 miles over the border, but I'm positive someone will give you info on caravans to Rocky Point. Others will chime in about stuff further south.

A good crossing is at Lukeville AZ.