cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Mex 200 between Puerto Escondido and Acapulco

Wm_Elliot
Explorer
Explorer
Has anyone recently been on this road? I'd like to know the conditions - Google says it takes almost 7 hours but is 250 miles long (+/-). Parts of 200 are pretty good, others very slow going. I'd appreciate any insight!
8 REPLIES 8

Wm_Elliot
Explorer
Explorer
It did take almost 7 hours despite me riding at a sporty clip. The road surface was very good, nothing unusual to report.

Talleyho69
We are still seeing a decent amount of them here, but it's getting late in the season.

Wm_Elliot
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks all!
We hope to leave about 8am and should arrive way before dark. We both got some rest today. BTW I hardly ever see RVs on the road down here anymore.

moisheh
Explorer
Explorer
Night driving is not a good idea on that stretch. Start early. Drive safe.
Moisheh

Talleyho69
You'll make it, just be prepared for serious heat. Here in Zihuatanejo we are in a warm streak, up from 87 high and 72 low to 92 and 76. Quite a sudden jump!

Safe Travels!

Wm_Elliot
Explorer
Explorer
Yes, we are on a motorcycle, a heavy bike and I'm 66 and the heat is difficult. We hope to make it in a day, already have reservations in Acapulco for Sunday night.

sdickbos
Explorer
Explorer
Just did this route last week, driving a truck. No problems at all.

Talleyho69
Nothing terribly current, but we always figured we could do it in one, but it was a LONG day. Several times we stopped in Pinotepa Nacional to overnight because it was such a long hot run.

You are on a motorcycle, right?