cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Mixed Messages

qtla9111
Nomad
Nomad
This is exactly what I was referring to in the other post. Mixed messages between three North American countries related to land travel. As I stated, we have the T-MEC agreement but it doesn't seem to mean very much.

As rvers, where, when and why should we or shouldn't we travel to any of the three countries?

Is it correct to take actions that are against our countries of origin and what are the risks?

Those questions refer to those who are having their rvs shipped across borders and then flying and those that frivolously travel back and forth throwing caution and precautions to the wind.

I may be preaching to the wrong choir.

Do not travel to Mexico

Do Not Travel To:

Colima state due to crime.
Guerrero state due to crime.
Michoacรกn state due to crime.
Sinaloa state due to crime.
Tamaulipas state due to crime and kidnapping.
Reconsider Travel To:

Chihuahua state due to crime.
Coahuila state due to crime.
Durango state due to crime.
Jalisco state due to crime.
Mexico state due to crime.
Morelos state due to crime.
Nayarit state due to crime.
Nuevo Leon state due to crime.
San Luis Potosi state due to crime.
Sonora state due to crime.
Zacatecas state due to crime.

Then just the opposite:

Mexico Eases Restrictions At Northern Border, allowing nonessential travel to 5 states

Trudeau Defends Canadaโ€™s Travel Restrictions
2005 Dodge Durango Hemi
2008 Funfinder 230DS
Living and Boondocking Mexico Blog
33 REPLIES 33

Wm_Elliot
Explorer
Explorer
More good news... "For the first time in about 14 months, the state of Texas reported zero deaths from COVID-19." ...." On top of zero reported deaths, Texas is also reporting the fewest COVID-19 cases in over 13 months, the lowest seven day positivity rate ever, and the lowest hospitalization rate in 11 months, according to the governor."
https://abc13.com/texas-covid-19-coronavirus-deaths-tx-covid-cases-how-many-people-have-in/10650095/

Texas shares a lot with Mexico - geography, border, people. Back in March of this year Texas was criticized for its "Neanderthal thinking" for relaxing Covid restrictions. Folks in this forum also criticized Texas and the United States for not responding with tighter restrictions. Some even wished for vaccination passports.
It's well past time to get on with our lives - specifically travel and Mexico.

qtla9111
Nomad
Nomad
Unfortunately, most of this didn't turn out well because of those thinking only about the economy and their political status. In turn, they pressured state and local governments to modify rules. In the U.S. and Mexico, states have the right to make their own decisions and in both cases, it was more about money.

In northern Mexico where people are known for their hard-working ethics and business, yes there were closings but people found ways to make it work. They didn't stand around waiting for government handouts and stimuli. In fact, our dictator refused to help businesses saying "it's what the neoliberals deserve". Another little known fact and one the great dictator loves to tout is that Mexicans in the U.S. sent home 42 billion dollars last year. If I were president, I would be ashamed to admit that he can't provide jobs for his own people.

I don't believe we know any exact numbers yet, but because of all the precautions (and lack thereof out of greed) how many lives were spared from severe effects, long-term chronic ailments, or worse, death?

It took quite a while, but after 440,000 deaths, Mexicans have come to take this seriously and the precautions have become part of daily life. Nothing lost in that.

Because Mexico rvers stick mostly to rural and beach areas, do not speak the language and are not tuned into local and national news and events, they have not seen the complete picture. New home and office construction are at a peak providing jobs for many sectors not to mention the booming real estate market.
2005 Dodge Durango Hemi
2008 Funfinder 230DS

playaboy
Explorer
Explorer
moisheh wrote:
Playaboy: What would you charge to deliver my truck from Nogales Mexico to Tucson or Phoenix?

I tried to send you a PM but you have me blocked. So, I read the last PM you sent me.

I won't help you. Find someone else.

playaboy
Explorer
Explorer
I worked in public health, specifically environmental health,from 1992-2007. These people are egotistical, control freaks. They are in the spotlight and love it. All these local health agencies, LEA's, want to do is grow their departments. Grow they have.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=55bIIbdADSI

I personally know this inspector. She is the norm not the exception.

I have conversations with a couple of sanitarians I used to work with every week. They are from different jurisdictions and States. They all say they FOLLOW the CDC guidelines. But their local guidelines (restrictions) vary.

One thing they all have in common is that these people made great money (25-40%) with all the overtime they received in 2020 while having meetings and writing these new regulations.

QTLA, While you are doing all your research go to the LEA's web sites across the USA. There are hundreds of them. Read all the varies restrictions imposed on the public. Distancing requirements are different, mask requirements are different, curfews, occupancy allowed in a restaurant or hotel, all based on the SCIENCE. Most restrictions are written based on "if", "possibly", "could", "maybe", "models" not on the SCIENCE.

Why can Disney World (and the rest of Orlando) be open and Disneyland (Anaheim)is shut down. Why are schools safely open in one State and closed in another State? Where is the Science?

Folks, I have traveled across MX and the USA. I have seen with my own eyes how all these different restrictions affect communities. It is not good.

I am not an antivaxer. 3-4 months ago I got my tetanus booster.

Believers??? Is this a religion? I had Covid, I have antibodies, I don't need this vaccine.

They have destroyed millions of peoples livelihoods in the name of saving their lives. What a joke.

I know the virus is real. I have lost 3 friends to it. I know many more that have been seriously sick and recovered. I had a mild case.

Yesterday I went to the Gardens of the Gods, enjoy a crisp spring day with several thousand other people. Today is Pikes Peak.

Wm_Elliot
Explorer
Explorer
Almot wrote:
qtla9111 wrote:
I know who the enemy is.

It's us.

Ain't that the truth.

Absolutely!

Almot
Explorer III
Explorer III
qtla9111 wrote:
I know who the enemy is.

It's us.

Ain't that the truth.

moisheh
Explorer
Explorer
Almot. The 3 countries agreed to keep the land borders closed. Canada did decide to allow travel to Alaska for US citizens. But the USA did not allow any travel by Canadians to Mexico. Nor are they allowing Canadians in Mexico to cross by land through the USA. Too bad.

qtla9111
Nomad
Nomad
You know, maybe that's my issue. U.S. citizens, again, seem to have the right to do whatever they want but yet Canadians and Mexicans are excluded from travel into the U.S.

I've lived here so long I want to travel to the U.S., you all want to come here.

Some of you are just non-believers in science and history and I do prefer history over science. That's your choice but also will keep us in this limbo until everyone gets on board. It will just prolong the problem and the hatred will continue to grow and I believe will soon explode into something much greater.

It's not about Ph.Ds or who has more knowledge than others. It is funny though that 99% of all non-believers received up to 12 vaccines during the first 12 months of life and have a bypass, knee implants, pacemakers and more. Politics has destroyed faith in what we all used to believe in and that is so very unfortunate.

I also have come to the conclusion that there really isn't one perfect place to live. Funny how people brag about how good they have it but then want to spend six months a year away from their home country.

Playaboy, I do my investigation, form a conclusion, and do what is best. Let me ask you, why are you so adamant about all of this? I truly believe we could have nipped this in the bud if we had listened to the science from the start and everyone had just stayed put. I know who the enemy is.

It's us.
2005 Dodge Durango Hemi
2008 Funfinder 230DS

Almot
Explorer III
Explorer III
Moisheh, the list of essential travelers is short, it doesn't cover transiting but apparently this happens. Americans have somehow been transiting across BC Canada to Alaska and back all this time, so there must be something to this effect in the rules - not on the list of essentials.

moisheh
Explorer
Explorer
Almot. I do not understand. Presently neither a Canadian or a Mexican can enter the USA at a land border unless they are essential workers,etc.

Almot
Explorer III
Explorer III
moisheh wrote:

We should all consider that no Jursdiction in North America has handled the pandemic properly.

Applies to most of the world. Very few countries have gotten it under control in timely manner.

There appears to be gray area regarding Canadians driving home from Mexico. Technically they are not essential and thus should not be allowed to enter the US. In reality, I haven't heard from anybody last year - though by the time the border closed the season was over, so not many stayed there. Was anybody in 2021 not allowed to drive North?

An acquaintance of mine tried to drive South last year without RT/RP, and was told by the US CBP that he wouldn't be able to enter Mexico and thus can't be admitted to the US. The former was obviously a BS, Mexico don't turn tourists around, but it didn't matter. I wonder what CBP would say if that Canadian showed RT card or Mexican Naturalization Certificate. He would be entering the US as a Canadian, not a Mexican, thus no tourist visa is required, and he would be obviously admissible to Mexico.

moisheh
Explorer
Explorer
This has been an interesting discussion. I am amazed that the trolls have not killed this thread. I am sure the Mod. is at her computer 24/7 killing posts. THANK YOU!
Borders are in a different world. The agent has the discretion to interpret rules and either allow your entry or send you home. You have zero rights. Although you may find a post somewhere stating that a Canadian was allowed to cross from Mexico to the USA they are either fiction or it was a friend of a friend. Your Mexican status means nothing to the USA or Canada. Presently returning to your Canadian home is a meaningless reason to cross.

I can understand Chris's frustration. Mexico has agreed to keep the border closed but the Government needs people to be employed as they provide next to zero assistance to the population. But Chris should consider that most Snowbirds are at or are approaching the age where soon they will not be healthy enough to travel. Many have an investment in a Mexican home or park model. In our case we have a home and a motorhome in Mexico. We have ties to the local community. Once we are fully vaccinated we pose little or no risk to anyone in Mexico. We have both been involved in charitable works in Mexico. If I were there my skills would be put to good use. People in villages need help. Not just material things but support and advice on staying safe. I am awaiting my second Moderna shot and probably will drive to Mexico. I can ship my truck to Minnesota and fly to the closest airport. Crossing into Mexico is effortless. Returning to Canada is a little more difficult. I can fly to Tucson. My truck can cross on a tow truck flatdeck. Playaboy: What would you charge to deliver my truck from Nogales Mexico to Tucson or Phoenix?

We should all consider that no Jursdiction in North America has handled the pandemic properly. Just a bunch of bunglers. Here in Manitoba we were in a semi lockdown and as the cases rose they opened things up. Now we are at over 500 a day with Hospitals at their limits. The Premiere is begging North Dakota for vaccine. Very frustrating.
In the USA there are many groups and local governments that want the USA border opened with limitations. Canada and the USA share a border where many communities are joined with communities on the other side. Medical care requires crossing a border or driving hundreds of miles. Family members live on both sides. I think we will see things open up a little before the end of summer.

In Canada we have a Prime Minster that did not secure sufficient vaccine contracts. He told us we were good to go!! He imposed ridiculous quarantine rules to discourage travel even though those travelers posed next to zero risk of infecting others.
Stay safe!

playaboy
Explorer
Explorer
qtla9111 wrote:
playaboy wrote:
I would expect the border restrictions will be in place well into 2022. There won't be any "vaccine passports". In fact travel will get more restrictive.

The new summer variant mutation the scientist(?) discover "might possibly" be 10x more deadly.

To my Canadian friends, if you want to come to Mexico, come now. If you want to go to Canada, pay the price your government charges you and go now. Pretty soon you won't be able to.

Canadians, if you stuck and have a RV or car in Mexico, can't cross the USA border, I can legally drive your RV/car or haul your trailer north.

Yep, everybody hurry up so you can beat the rules and find ways around them. To heck with everyone else.

Who's science?

Medical science is not an EXACT science. 2+2 doesn't always = 4. The people with the PHD's are Medical Practitioners.

Are the PHD's in Florida stupid? In NY geniuses? How about the PHD's writing the rules in Mexico? Are the PHD's smarter at the WHO? CDC? FDA? Is Fauci the numero uno PHD in the world?

I was just in Texas where those with the PHD's removed all restrictions. Now in Colorado where the PHD's state you could be fined if you don't where a mask. If you have traveled around the USA and Mexico like I have in the last year, you would see that the rules have little to do with COVID.

QTLA, which PHD do you listen to? Who's rules do you follow?

Does anyone still have a choice?

qtla9111
Nomad
Nomad
playaboy wrote:
I would expect the border restrictions will be in place well into 2022. There won't be any "vaccine passports". In fact travel will get more restrictive.

The new summer variant mutation the scientist(?) discover "might possibly" be 10x more deadly.

To my Canadian friends, if you want to come to Mexico, come now. If you want to go to Canada, pay the price your government charges you and go now. Pretty soon you won't be able to.

Canadians, if you stuck and have a RV or car in Mexico, can't cross the USA border, I can legally drive your RV/car or haul your trailer north.

Yep, everybody hurry up so you can beat the rules and find ways around them. To heck with everyone else.
2005 Dodge Durango Hemi
2008 Funfinder 230DS