cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Mountain Home, ID to Elko, NV

mittshel
Explorer
Explorer
Are 51/225 both good RV roads from Mountain Home, ID to Elko, NV? Thank you. Betsy.
Betsy
5 REPLIES 5

marcel
Explorer
Explorer
We've done that route several times with our 28' fiver. It is a fairly easy pull, but quite remote so be sure you have plenty of fuel and water. We love to camp at Bruneau Dunes at the northern end of the route. Fantastic dark-sky nights and an observatory that is open if you are lucky.
Burlet Clan: Karen & Marcel
Jacob: Lab/Akita, Lola: Boxer/Pit
"White Zin": Chevy Silverado 2500HD High Country
"Dalai Lama - One With Everything": Arctic Fox 27-5L

Seattle_Steve
Explorer
Explorer
I've never done it, but it looks like a fun drive. I'm always looking for alternate routes..

I found a lakeside campground on the border, about halfway. Mountain View Reservoir Campground

old_idaho_guy
Explorer
Explorer
I would do it with my 30 foot travel trailer. Nice ride, but make sure you have gas, food and water

cptqueeg
Explorer II
Explorer II
mittshel wrote:
Are 51/225 both good RV roads from Mountain Home, ID to Elko, NV? Thank you. Betsy.

Looks like fun, but I have no first hand experience. (the other way is safe but boring)

FYI

Between Tindall Road and Bob Tindall Road (33 to 59 miles south of the Mountain Home area). Road maintenance operations. Slow moving maintenance vehicle. Starting tomorrow(7/16/2020) at 10:00AM MDT until tomorrow at about 5:00PM MDT.

Comment: county will be spraying the shoulders of the roadway for noxious weeds
2024 Chev 3500 CCLB Diesel
Four Wheel Camper Granby Shell

ppine
Explorer II
Explorer II
The roads are okay, but it is lonely out there.