cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need a route from McAlester, OK to Joplin, MO

pigdoc
Explorer
Explorer
Need a smooth road from McAlester, OK to Joplin, MO. On the way to TX we took I-44 to US69 at Big Cabin, then turned south to McAlester where we picked up Indian Nation Turnpike to TX. But the road south of Big Cabin was horrible rough. Is there a smoother road anyone would recommend? How is the road from McAlester to Tulsa where we could pick up I-44 to Tulsa? Thanks in advance.
5 REPLIES 5

Vette_Racer
Explorer
Explorer
75 Indian Nation Turnpike to Henryetta, then 75 north to 44 at Tulsa, then 44 across the Will Rogers Turnpike to Joplin.
KE5NCP
2016 Ram CC Dually, 2011 HitchHiker 349 RSB DA, 2018 Wrangler unlimited Rubicon

sayoung
Explorer
Explorer
eHoefler wrote:
69 north to 44 east to Joplin
+1

BB_TX
Nomad
Nomad
Been a few years, but the Indian Nation Turnpike/75/62 was a good road from McAlester to I-44. Seems US 69 north of McAlester is one of those highways they just can't seem to repair correctly, or don't want to spend the money to rebuild it as it should be. And has been for years.

PawPaw_n_Gram
Explorer
Explorer
We drive 75/69 from the Texas border to I-44 in May 2018, and it was significantly better than it was in 2012 when we made the trip.

However, if you took the southbound route a few weeks/ months ago and though it too rought, I can only recommend the Indian Nation Turnpike north from McAlester. And US-75/62 north from Henryetta. It is not great but better than US-69.

To me the worst stretch of US-69 from I-40 to McAlester. North of that isn't too bad. But that's my opinion.
Full-Time 2014 - ????

“Not all who wander are lost.”
"You were supposed to turn back at the last street."

2012 Ram 2500 Mega Cab
2014 Flagstaff 832IKBS TT

eHoefler
Explorer II
Explorer II
69 north to 44 east to Joplin
2021 Ram Limited, 3500, Crew Cab, 1075FTPD of Torque!, Max Tow, Long bed, 4 x 4, Dually,
2006 40' Landmark Mt. Rushmore