cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

New rules for TIP entry into Hassel-free zones?

daveB110
Explorer
Explorer
Have just read a reply on Baja Nomads indicating that TIPs, and other changes included, are being strictly inforced if traveling everywhere, except Baja, including (former?) Hassel-free areas of Sonora. Has this been documented elsewhere?
3 REPLIES 3

moisheh
Explorer
Explorer
Dave: I found that post on Baja Nomads. It is rather ambiguous. I don't believe a word. Seems like someone trying to create problems. I sent an email to Mexicoruss. If anyone knows about this it would be Russ.

Moisheh

clarkster
Explorer
Explorer
daveB110 wrote:
Have just read a reply on Baja Nomads indicating that TIPs, and other changes included, are being strictly inforced if traveling everywhere, except Baja, including (former?) Hassel-free areas of Sonora. Has this been documented elsewhere?

Currently, a TIP is NOT required into mainland Mexico and the state of Sonora.....

ONLY once you go farther south, is the TIP (temporary import permit) which works like a bond......necessary.

What you read was the more strict enforcement for boats.
And that is the same in Baja Mexico.

Somehow the Mexican government has determined that they should attempt to shut down the bringing in of US/CA plated vehicles.
It's all about taxation of goods brought into the country (Mx).
2006 Dodge 2500 4x4 Laramie crew CTD
2017 Jayco Flight SLX Baja package

moisheh
Explorer
Explorer
Dave: Can you provide a link? I looked on that site and could not find anything. I have heard just the opposite. The Hassle Free zone was to be extended to include Alamos.

Moisheh