Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

North to Alaska 2018

Here_n_There1
Explorer
Explorer
Hi Folks...

My wife and I have just started planning a RV trip from the Seattle, WA area up to Alaska. Tentatively we are planning to leave the Seattle area (specifically from Gig Harbor WA) on or about mid June and returning by mid August more or less.

We enjoy "easy" travel taking a couple weeks travelling up, and a couple weeks travelling back - maybe 200 ~ 250 miles a day. That'll give us a month exploring Alaska. Many more details to be discussed

Any RVer that spends time on the road knows that it's more fun travelling with others in their RVs and so I thought I'd give this a shot....

If you live in the NW and would like to get together over lunch to talk about "caravanning" to Alaska this summer, send me an email to jrsacchetti@gmail.com . Obviously not all folks "get along" with each other so the lunch meeting would give us all a chance to get to know each other.!

Anyway.... we are going to make the trip but would much rather do it with friends....

Our best to ya

Here'n'There (aka Becky and John)
Here'n'There
2009 Carri-Lite 36SBQ 5th Wheel
2008 Dodge Ram 3500 Quad Cab Long Bed Diesel Dually
On the road with Here'n'There
Role of the C133 in Viet Nam
2 REPLIES 2

Lwiddis
Explorer
Explorer
Any adult should be able to go RVing with others and not discuss politics or...Ford vs. Chevy vs. Dodge.
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad

DrewE
Explorer
Explorer
If you haven't already, check through (and maybe post your plans in) the Roll Call Alaska 2018 thread. That's where you'll probably be most likely to find other RV.net people who may be going around the same time and direction as you.