cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Pa Turnpike

wanderingaimles
Explorer
Explorer
Going up to Altoona next week, first time up in years and taking the MH. I checked the website and everything was about automated fee collection systems. Can you still get a paper ticket and pay a person when you exit? Looking to exit at Bedford.
7 REPLIES 7

Richert
Explorer
Explorer
no cash on PA turnpike, bill by license plate, costs a LOT!, use an ez pass save $$$$
Blake
2019 Sunseeker
2012 Jeep Wrangler Toad
Wife in passenger seat.

Lynnmor
Explorer
Explorer
larry cad wrote:
slay wrote:
The Pennsylvania Turnpike no longer accepts cash. It is EZ Pass or pay by mail. No one mans the toll booths.

Wow! Wonder how the union feels about that!

They don't mind, the Turnpike has been deeply in debt for years keeping all those retired employees comfy.

larry_cad
Explorer
Explorer
slay wrote:
The Pennsylvania Turnpike no longer accepts cash. It is EZ Pass or pay by mail. No one mans the toll booths.

Wow! Wonder how the union feels about that!
Today is my personal best for most consecutive days alive.

Our Travel Blog

slay
Explorer II
Explorer II
Steve and Vivian
2013 Winnebago Vista 35F
2016 Ford Fiesta pushing from behind
Coffee is the sustenance of life

bukhrn
Explorer III
Explorer III
larry cad wrote:
wanderingaimlessly wrote:
Going up to Altoona next week, first time up in years and taking the MH. I checked the website and everything was about automated fee collection systems. Can you still get a paper ticket and pay a person when you exit? Looking to exit at Bedford.

Yes, you are still able to drive the turnpike and pay cash for the trip. However, if you use an EZPass, you pay less of a toll, and, on the PA Pike, you don't have to stop at the booth, just cruise on through. But, if this is the only time you are going to travel on the pike, it's not worth the time to get an EZPass.
Unless you will travel other toll roads in other states, there are 18 states that accept EZ Pass.
2007 Forester 2941DS
2014 Ford Focus
Zamboni, Long Haired Mini Dachshund

gbopp
Explorer
Explorer

larry_cad
Explorer
Explorer
wanderingaimlessly wrote:

Yes, you are still able to drive the turnpike and pay cash for the trip. However, if you use an EZPass, you pay less of a toll, and, on the PA Pike, you don't have to stop at the booth, just cruise on through. But, if this is the only time you are going to travel on the pike, it's not worth the time to get an EZPass.
Today is my personal best for most consecutive days alive.

Our Travel Blog