Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Planned trip

wtmtnhiker
Explorer
Explorer
Hi all,
Last winter I had planned to take a month long trip from NH to Virginia and Georgia with stops in between at National Parks, Civil War battlefields and varied public and private campgrounds.
With an edit I'd like to ask of the actual experiences of those who have recently traveled the area mostly along the I-81 corridor. Thanks.
bgbassman(bluegrass bass man)
6 REPLIES 6

Mayor30
Explorer
Explorer
Try not to get gas in Pa or West Virginia. They are among the highest. On I-81 in Va at Winchester is a Flying J where we always fill up.Usually 50 cents a gallon cheaper than Pa. If you have the Flying J card it's 5 cents off gas and 8 cents off diesel.We like the campground at Crater Lake State park in southern Va. Nice pull throughs with water and electric.Also 2 Pa State parks we like are Locust Lake and Pine Grove Furnace. Both aren't too far off 81. Both have electric. Pine Grove has new bath houses.

Johno02
Explorer
Explorer
Its not a bad road, I just hate to travel I-81 because of the traffic. Personal opinion. Have travelled it a lot, just don't like it.
Noel and Betty Johnson (and Harry)

2005 GulfStream Ultra Supreme, 1 Old grouch, 1 wonderful wife, and two silly poodles.

camperfamily
Explorer
Explorer
Remember that some states require 14 day quarantine depending where your coming from.
2011 Cougar 322QBS
2007 Pilgrim 278BHSS (Sold)
2023 F359 CCLB 7.3
2013 F350 CC LB 6.7 (Retired)
2002 F350 CC LB PS (Retired)
B&W Companion Hitch

K_Charles
Explorer
Explorer
The web site of most rv parks has a covid update for their city of county.

MarkTwain
Explorer
Explorer
Tyler0215 wrote:
Go to the states websites for the latest updates on state parks. Check the National Parks websites for the updates on those. Most private RV parks are open.
Do your home work and GO!

I would also call the Dept. of Health for each area, city , state to learn what the conditions are limited by the virus issues a week before you made your visit.

Tyler0215
Explorer
Explorer
Go to the states websites for the latest updates on state parks. Check the National Parks websites for the updates on those. Most private RV parks are open.
Do your home work and GO!