Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Recommendation for RVing in CO for a week

Tim_TH
Explorer
Explorer
Hi Everyone,

After staying 3 nights in Estes Park, CO I wonder what route I should take back heading back to TX. I have 4-5 more days reserved for sightseeing around CO.
Prefer to park the Toy Hauler somewhere close to attractions and drive around with my car as I'm not used to towing it on mountain roads. But I certainly can tow the Toy Hauler around if it is okay/safe to do so in your opinion.
Tow vehicle is Titan XD with Cummins 5.0 Diesel and TH is 24' 6500 lbs.(1000 lb TW)

Thanks,
Tim
6 REPLIES 6

Tim_TH
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks again Busskipper

Busskipper
Explorer
Explorer
Tim TH wrote:
Busskipper wrote:
Tim TH wrote:
Hi Everyone,

After staying 3 nights in Estes Park, CO I wonder what route I should take back heading back to TX. I have 4-5 more days reserved for sightseeing around CO.
Prefer to park the Toy Hauler somewhere close to attractions and drive around with my car as I'm not used to towing it on mountain roads. But I certainly can tow the Toy Hauler around if it is okay/safe to do so in your opinion.
Tow vehicle is Titan XD with Cummins 5.0 Diesel and TH is 24' 6500 lbs.(1000 lb TW)

Thanks,
Tim

Something Like this - Map

Peak to Peak work for you to I-70 then through the tunnel and to RT 91 up to Leadville - Twin Lakes - Buena Vista - Salida - Collegiates - Day Drive - Independence Pass - to Aspen/Maroon Bells............

Sound Like you?

***Link Removed*** Just add the Turquoise Lake/Camp Hale/Red Cliff, Maroon Bells and maybe Browns Canyon NM and Crested Butte for day drives, should fill your plate.

K's for Lunch and ***Link Removed*** for Dinner

Supper area.

Edit - From an old post reply Number 9 - ***Link Removed***

Thanks a lot. Where will you put your rig after Leadville if you were heading I25 south to TX?

Map of route - stopped at the Great Sand Dunes NP Boys will love it. All these roads are pretty easy other than I-70 and the Tunnel you will be Fine.

Independence Pass as a day trip will be Fun - seeing Aspen and Maroon Bells - with a stop to get wet at Devils Punch Bowl - Link to Devils Punch Bowl

A float trip on the Arkansas River would also be Fun.

There is So much to do - many if they stop here first Never Leave, never make it to RMNP.

So much to see and Do.

Hope this helps,
Busskipper
Maryland/Colorado
Travel Supreme 42DS04
GX470-FMCA - Travel less now - But still love to be on the Road
States traveled in this Coach

Tim_TH
Explorer
Explorer
Busskipper wrote:
Tim TH wrote:
Hi Everyone,

Thanks,
Tim

Peak to Peak work for you to I-70 then through the tunnel and to RT 91 up to Leadville - Twin Lakes - Buena Vista - Salida - Collegiates - Day Drive - Independence Pass - to Aspen/Maroon Bells............

Sound Like you?

***Link Removed*** Just add the Turquoise Lake/Camp Hale/Red Cliff, Maroon Bells and maybe Browns Canyon NM and Crested Butte for day drives, should fill your plate.

K's for Lunch and ***Link Removed*** for Dinner

Supper area.

Edit - From an old post reply Number 9 - ***Link Removed***

Thanks a lot. Where will you put your rig after Leadville if you were heading I25 south to TX?

Tim_TH
Explorer
Explorer
byronlj wrote:
If you have kids, the Colorado Springs area has numerous attractions that kids just love.
Dave

Thanks. My youngest is 13 and another one is in college. Will google and see what they would love to do there.

byronlj
Explorer
Explorer
If you have kids, the Colorado Springs area has numerous attractions that kids just love.
Dave
byronlj
2013 Dynamax Trilogy 3800RL

Busskipper
Explorer
Explorer
Tim TH wrote:
Hi Everyone,

Thanks,
Tim

Sound Like you?

Map Just add the Turquoise Lake/Camp Hale/Red Cliff, Maroon Bells and maybe Browns Canyon NM and Crested Butte for day drives, should fill your plate.

K's for Lunch and http://quincystavern.com/ for Dinner

Supper area.

Edit - From an old post reply Number 9 - Long reply for Colorado
Busskipper
Maryland/Colorado
Travel Supreme 42DS04
GX470-FMCA - Travel less now - But still love to be on the Road
States traveled in this Coach