Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Roam Mobility now in Mexico

dkilley
Explorer
Explorer
Sorry if this has already been posted.
Roam Mobility is a Canadian company that offers Canadians cell and data service while in the USA and now in Mexico.
http://www.roammobility.com/mexico-roaming-plans

Will be interesting to see how this works out...although I find the cell and data plans in Mexico to be a decent price now, so not sure I would be quick to switch over.
5 REPLIES 5

dieharder
Explorer
Explorer
wow... just looked at their site. Least expensive plan = $25 for 7 days? Not a decent price to me...
1999 Itasca Sunrise

dieharder
Explorer
Explorer
moisheh wrote:
Roam has a horrible reputation. They have almost no coverage in Western Canada.

Moisheh

I didn't think it worked at all in Canada.
1999 Itasca Sunrise

moisheh
Explorer
Explorer
Roam has a horrible reputation. They have almost no coverage in Western Canada.

Moisheh

almcc
Explorer
Explorer
Not sure about Mexico, but our experience with Roam Mobility here in the US has been horrible. They pair with T-mobility, I was hoping for reasonable data speeds and phone coverage, transiting the US from Detroit to California I had high speed data only once or twice and I lost phone coverage a few times even though we are rarely off the interstates. Even our cheapie TracFone (thank you Mr. Slim!)was much better for phone coverage. I would find out who they are pairing with (and if you get the same access as the folks who are directly with that company) before trying them.

moisheh
Explorer
Explorer
Interesting. Might be OK for an air traveler that will only be in Mexico for a week or so. Otherwise pricey. Do you have to have a Roam plan to get the Mexico plan? Their Canadian coverage is horrible.

Moisheh