cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Roll Call Alaska 2018

JANETRUPP
Explorer
Explorer
Okay...I know 2017 hasn't even taken off, but those of you that remember me from Roll Call 2013 know that I plan well ahead of time, lol.
4 years is way too long to go without being in Alaska so we are heading up again. This time my sister (Barbara), her husband (Pat) and their baby poodle (Koko) are going with us with their Bounder. We are planning to leave from Bullhead City, AZ around the end of May.
Would love to get a roll call started if anyone else out there is as much of an early planner as I am.
For those of you heading up this year, have a safe and wonderful trip and maybe you will enjoy it so much that you will join us in 2018. :W

Janet and Gary
Loving our life. Life is too short to complain,go live it to the fullest
Coachmen Concord 2018 Class C with 2 slides
2012 Equinox tow
532 REPLIES 532

IrishSettler
Explorer
Explorer
I will be leaving Northeastern PA on the 17th of August. I’ll flash my lights if I see you coming toward me:).

missnmountains
Explorer
Explorer
We are planning a little less than 3 weeks before we start our trek back to the lower 48.

Less than a week left here in Seward then 2 weeks in Valdez.

I have updated our blog: Blogspot

I cannot believe how fast this summer has been going.

Ken
2016 Newmar Dutch Star 4369

Our Blog: Lawrence Adventures

missnmountains
Explorer
Explorer
I was wrong! There are others in Alaska. Just saw this truck at the Exit Glacier Park Headquarters:

Link

I could not find the owners.

Ken

missnmountains
Explorer
Explorer
AlaskaShooter wrote:
It's a big state Ken. You won't come across many during your travels. Unless you arrange a meeting at a specific location.

I had not noticed that. 🙂

However, we have been staying two to three weeks at each location. I would have thought we might catch someone passing through. One month to go before we start a slow return

Ken

AlaskaShooter
Explorer
Explorer
It's a big state Ken. You won't come across many during your travels. Unless you arrange a meeting at a specific location.
2006 F-550, Crew cab, 4x4 w/factory bed getting 12 mpg @ 50,000 miles
2006 Lance 1191
2006 Wells Cargo 14' Cycle Wagon
2017 Grand Design 5th wheel with EezTire TPMS
2017 F-450 4x4 crew cab King Ranch

missnmountains
Explorer
Explorer
We are in Seward for the next two weeks staying at Stoney Creek. Weather yesterday was awesome. It looks like on and off rain for the next week. I have only met one person who actually has been following our Blog, but was not on the Roll Call 2018, Where is everyone? 🙂

I have updated our Blog. Link

Ken

sljohnson1938
Explorer
Explorer
hey, where are you guys? hope all is going well where ever you are.
1999 Dodge 3500 CTD dually
Ham radio - WU4S

c_traveler2
Nomad
Nomad
Julie and I headed out July 11,2018, we're now in Dayton Or.The only exciting event on the trip so far is our dog didn't like being left in the truck while we had dinner with my cousins, she tore up the window and door seal that she could get to. It will be Monday before we can order new seals
2007 F-250 4x4 /6.0 PSD/ext cab/ 2020 Bunduvry

Lance 815/ 85 watts solar panel (sold)
2020 Bunduvry by BundutecUSA

Travelingman2 Photo Website
Truck Camper Trip Reports 3.0
travelingman21000 YouTube Videos
Alex and Julie's Travels Blog

missnmountains
Explorer
Explorer
It has been pretty quite on this thread. I hope everyone is having a great time. We are still in Homer, fishing every day.

I have also updated our blog.

If my signature does not show up, here is the link: Click Here

Ken

Traveler7
Explorer
Explorer
Anyone using Good Sam RV Assistance coverage or AAA in their trip?
I would appreciate adivice as to which coverage is best.

Thank you- please PM me or respond here
"We are not defined by our limitations, we are defined by our potential"

AlaskaShooter
Explorer
Explorer
On our last visit in 2016 we stayed 4 nights on the Homer Spit and some friends took us out on their nice fishing boat and we limited on Halibut in shortly over an hour. Then we motored over to Seldovia and spend a few hours checking out the community. Enjoyed the visit. Shipped home 40 lbs of frozen halibut from Homer. Yummy fish.
2006 F-550, Crew cab, 4x4 w/factory bed getting 12 mpg @ 50,000 miles
2006 Lance 1191
2006 Wells Cargo 14' Cycle Wagon
2017 Grand Design 5th wheel with EezTire TPMS
2017 F-450 4x4 crew cab King Ranch

missnmountains
Explorer
Explorer
I updated our Blog for Hiking around Homer and our floatplane trip out to Katmai. Wow was Katmai an awesome adventure.

We depart here on the 21st of July for Seward so if any of you are in Home look us up. We will be at Baycrest until the 9th and then at Heritage through the 21st.

Sometimes my signature does not show up, so here is the link.

Our Blog.

Ken

missnmountains
Explorer
Explorer
We got down to Homer on the 28th. It was a great run down with good weather.

We will be here for the next three weeks. Unfortunately, they have closed the rivers to salmon fishing due to low numbers during the king run.

I have updated our Blog with details.

Ken

fanrgs
Explorer
Explorer
sljohnson1938 wrote:
Pioneer Village Campground, I think I got it correct, in Whitehorse, Yukon has facilities where you can change your own oil. At least I did it there several years ago.
in 2016 I had my oil changed in Fairbanks, AK at a Liffy lube.
We had ours changed in Prince George and Wasilla at Grease Monkey-equivalent shops. Unlike fuel costs, there is not much difference in price for that type of service between Canada and Alaska.
"Retirement is the best job I ever had!"
2015 RAM 2500 4x4 crewcab 6.7L CTD; 2016 Rockwood Signature UltraLite 5th wheel

explorenorth
Explorer
Explorer
In the Yukon, we can only get rid of used oil 3 times a year in Whitehorse, on Household Hazardous Waste Day. How incredibly backwards is that!
Murray

Whitehorse, Yukon
http://ExploreNorth.com/
and blogging at http://ExploreNorthBlog.com/
I live to travel, and travel to really live