cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Route from PA to Clinton CT

Dance_Chick
Explorer
Explorer
We're leaving Hickory Run SP in White Haven PA to go to Clinton CT on our way to Bar Harbor. Should we go I-80E to I-287N to I-95? Or, is there a better way.

Thanks for your help.
Gene, Gayle, & Oliver (the dog)
2006 Holiday Rambler Endeavor 40 PDQ/2012 Honda CRV toad
Blue Ox tow bar & base plate/Air Force One braking
7 REPLIES 7

ct1964ups
Explorer
Explorer
Dance Chick wrote:
We're leaving Hickory Run SP in White Haven PA to go to Clinton CT on our way to Bar Harbor. Should we go I-80E to I-287N to I-95? Or, is there a better way.

Thanks for your help.

I would and have gone I-80 to I-81 to I-84 to rt 9 off 84 in Ct...stay on Rt 9 til it hits 95 and go south on 95 for a very short distance.....the construction in Waterbury,Ct is only 8 or 9 miles long...and most days travels well...Chuck
2017 Newmar Mountain Aire Seville on a Freightliner/2015 Granite Grand Cherokee Limited
2012 American Tradition Merlot>>SOLD
Keep The Rubber On The Road
GO NOLES

cmarq
Explorer
Explorer
I would avoid I95 there is construction in New haven and it's horrible I don't like going through it with my car. The exit from 34 to 95 is part of the construction. It is longer but you can stay on I84 to Farmington then take Ct 9 to Saybrook it is a 4 lane road. In Saybrook you can get I95 south to Clinton. We are camping at Hammonasset state park. Dont take the exit for Rt 81 off 95 into Clinton there is a very low bridge going into the center of town. If you want good sea food try the clam Castle on rt 1. I am from the area so if I can help send me a PM. I have limited internet in the park but i get email on my phone.

Bmach
Explorer II
Explorer II
Do not take 84 to Hartford that will add lots of time. take 84 then 34 just over the ny/ct line I think

Dance_Chick
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks. We've decided to go I-84.

cbshoestring
Explorer
Explorer
I never minded taking 287...then again I was normally rushing thru there in the middle of the night, for an early a.m. delivery. Taking I-84 is a much better route during the daylight hours.

Dance_Chick
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks gbopp. That's what I was wondering. I could see the route I had went closer to the NYC area, I just wasn't sure how close it would be.

gbopp
Explorer
Explorer
Personally, I would go north and take I-84 east. It's a few miles farther but you bypass the NYC area.

The extra miles are worth it to me.