Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Route through Sacremento

DanLefoot
Explorer
Explorer
Hi folks.
We are leaving Truckee 0n the I-80 for Southern California and will be going through Sacremental to pick up I-5.
Is it better to take the I-80B to the 50 to the 5 like all the directions says to do. Or simply stay on the 80 to the 5? (Seems less complicated and nerve racking)
Thanks.
Dan
BTW we are a 40dp with tow vehicle
5 REPLIES 5

ramyankee
Explorer
Explorer
We went through Sacto a couple of weeks ago enroute to Vacaville. It was better than I expected, BUT... If there may be a better way take it. We did not have choice as to route.
Rick and Patti 🙂
2 Proud Christian CONSERVATIVES 🙂
2002 Chevy Silverado, 8.1, Crew, LB, 3.73, 4X4
2020 Mesa Ridge 291rls
Now living in North Idaho (formerly Northeastern California) ... but the heart is with MONTANA STATE UNIVERSITY

Executive45
Explorer III
Explorer III
Take the Business 80, but I'd take US99 over I-5. They meet up again just before the Grapevine....Dennis
We can do more than we think we can, but most do less than we think we do
Dennis and Debi Fourteen Years Full Timing
Monaco Executive M-45PBQ Quad Slide
525HP Cummins ISM 6 Spd Allison
2014 Chevrolet Equinox LTZ W/ ReadyBrute
CLICK HERE TO VIEW OUR TRAVEL BLOG

toedtoes
Explorer II
Explorer II
I agree with taking Business 80 (aka Capitol Freeway) to bypass the construction on I-80. People have been really stupid on that stretch the pass few days.
1975 American Clipper RV with Dodge 360 (photo in profile)
1998 American Clipper Fold n Roll Folding Trailer
Both born in Morgan Hill, CA to Irv Perch (Daddy of the Aristocrat trailers)

George_H
Explorer
Explorer
Have not been through there since Feb., so unsure of construction impacts. However, route marking on mainline leaves something to be desired and off of I80 and I5 it is useless. My opinion, stay on the mainline.
George, Juanita and Mandie (boss Shar-Pei)
01 F350, PSD, DRW
05 Carri-Lite 32RS3

RognBon
Explorer
Explorer
The only problem with the direct route on 80 is all of the construction going on in the area just past the light rail station to the I-5 interchange. Lots of congestion due to the narrow lanes. If you arrive in the area after 9 am, it will ease up somewhat. If it were me, I would take the Business 80 route. But again, after 9am.
RognBon
1997 Monaco Dynasty 40'
Cummins 8.3 325 HP
2008 Ford Edge Toad