cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

RV Trip Wizard

Grey_Mountain
Explorer
Explorer
I have been using the Travel Life Directory for years for trip planning; however, it is no longer being issued. Anybody will experience with RV Trip Wizard?
Or with another easy-to-use trip planner?

GM
2006 Discovery 39S Tin Teepee
Honda CR-V Toad
Enrolled member of the Comanche Tribe
English Bride
Bichon Frise bear killers:
Lord Shonefeld von Reginald-Friese IV.
Lady Annabelle von Lichenstein-Friese III.
10 REPLIES 10

Matt_Colie
Explorer
Explorer
With the demise of Street Atlas (boy I miss it), I have been working with Furkot. It is not really for RVing, but it does better than most at estimating End of Day and Fuel Stops. But it is still an on-line app and that makes it pretty useless as we are not blue road people and are frequently out of cell, let alone 4G coverage for a day at a time.

There are now no trip planners that actually beat a Rand McNally Road Atlas. And with the end of the Walmart version, even that got a lot more expensive.

Matt
Matt & Mary Colie
A sailor, his bride and their black dogs (one dear dog is waiting for us at the bridge) going to see some dry places that have Geocaches in a coach made the year we married.

Grey_Mountain
Explorer
Explorer
Rug - sounds like a winner. We've stayed at Coffee Creek several times while raiding the Hill Country. I'll check the rally site.

GM
Honda CR-V Toad
English Bride

mkc
Explorer
Explorer
john&bet wrote:
I bought a new 2017 Good Sam Directory in June.

This is the Trailer Life Campground Navigator software, not the GS paper directory.

The last software was issued in either 2011 or 2012, then TL/GS ended their arrangement with Undertow to produce it. Undertow tried to do their own for a year, but without the campground database (TL/GS owned the data), it was unsuccessful.

I still use a 2011 copy for our trip planning. Wish someone would come out with a similar tool.
2017 LTV Unity

john_bet
Explorer
Explorer
Grey Mountain wrote:
I have been using the Travel Life Directory for years for trip planning; however, it is no longer being issued. Anybody will experience with RV Trip Wizard?
Or with another easy-to-use trip planner?

GM
I bought a new 2017 Good Sam Directory in June.
2018 Ram 3500 SRW CC LB 6.7L Cummins Auto 3.42 gears
2018 Grand Design 337RLS

Rug
Explorer
Explorer
Hey GM,
It does not take much of a trip planner to get from your teepee down to 281 and I-20. Santo Texas.
Check out the sweetheart Rally at Coffee Creek RV Park for 2018
we are working on the website.

Lonnie would love to see you and your squaw again.

Check out www.rvrally.net
A couple of Mules
with a Covered Wagon

Us_out_West
Explorer
Explorer
Grey Mountain wrote:
OK, thanks. Also don't see a need to spend $39 when I can use the Good Sam Travel Planner - just don't have any experience with it. My TL Directory is 2009 - data are getting outdated.

GM

Tried the 'Wizard'and it was OK, but not for $39, and being a GS member we like their Trip Planner better...does everything we want.
Our Trip Journal

2012 Jayco Pinnacle (View)
36 KitchenPantryTripleSlide
MorRyde pin box and suspension, Curt Q24, Dual Pane windows, Auto Levelers, 2 AC's,and more.

2009 Silverado 3500HD 4X4 (View)
CC, Dura-Max 6.6/Allison,LB ,DRW,Amer. Tank 65 gal. Aux Fuel

Grey_Mountain
Explorer
Explorer
OK, thanks. Also don't see a need to spend $39 when I can use the Good Sam Travel Planner - just don't have any experience with it. My TL Directory is 2009 - data are getting outdated.

GM
Honda CR-V Toad
English Bride

ependydad
Explorer
Explorer
Haven't used it. I know some that love it and some that hate it. So it seems to be up to the individual.

Here are other ideas:
http://learntorv.com/lets-go-trip-planning-apps-and-websites/
2017 Spartan 1245 by Prime Time
2018 Ram 3500 Crew Cab DRW w/ 4.10 gears and 8' bed
FW Hitch: TrailerSaver TS3
Learn to RV- learn about RVing - Towing Planner Calculators - Family Fulltiming FB page

accsys
Explorer
Explorer
We use a combination of Google Maps, RV Park Reviews, and RV Parky to plan our trips. RV Parky not only is another source of reviews but also has a pretty good trip planner. Our 2016 Trip can be viewed if you wish.
John & Doris
Doris and Robbies Blogs
2017 Cedar Creek Cottage 40 CCK
FMCA F380583, PA, Good Sams

rr2254545
Explorer
Explorer
I just got it a few weeks ago and found that it is not a good as the goodsam trip planner- I wasted $39 on it
2012 Winnebago Journey 36M Cummins 360
2014 Jeep Cherokee
492 Campgrounds,107K miles driven in our Winnebago motor homes and 2360 nights camping since we retired in July 2009, 41 National Parks