cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

St Louis to Elkhart Indiana

ENG2242
Explorer
Explorer
I looked up directions on Google and it’s giving me a few different routes to take from St. Louis to Elkhart Indiana. I’ll be hauling my fifth wheel and was wondering if anyone had any preferences on which way to go as far as which of the three different options is better highway.
David Hartmann
2018 Bighorn 3870FB
2007 Dodge Ram 2500 CTD 5.9
Prodigy 2
Auto-Slide Hitch
Firestone Air-Bags
3 REPLIES 3

Trekkar
Explorer
Explorer
Thom02099 wrote:
ENG2242 wrote:
I looked up directions on Google and it’s giving me a few different routes to take from St. Louis to Elkhart Indiana. I’ll be hauling my fifth wheel and was wondering if anyone had any preferences on which way to go as far as which of the three different options is better highway.

Have traveled to that area from Colorado, destination being a bit further east of Elkhart, so I've driven portions of what I'll suggest.

I-55 to I-72 to I-57 to US 24 at Gilman exit, then east on US 24 to US 31 north to Elkhart. With the exception of the I-55 portion, that's the way I usually go to get to extreme NE Indiana near Angola.

X2 This route works. If you want a farmview (slower) route, you can get off I-57 in Kankakee at M17. Many semi's use this route to M-41 or I-65 to bypass some of the Chicago traffic. M17 becomes M2 and will take you all the way to South Bend. You can then go north on US20 'til you hit Business US20 to Elkhart.
2014 Dodge Ram 1500
2021 Salem SFX 167RBK

Thom02099
Explorer II
Explorer II
ENG2242 wrote:

Have traveled to that area from Colorado, destination being a bit further east of Elkhart, so I've driven portions of what I'll suggest.

I-55 to I-72 to I-57 to US 24 at Gilman exit, then east on US 24 to US 31 north to Elkhart. With the exception of the I-55 portion, that's the way I usually go to get to extreme NE Indiana near Angola.
2007 GMC Sierra SLE 3500HD Dually
2016 Coachmen Catalina Legacy Edition 243RBS
2007 Keystone Outback 25RSS - R.I.P.

AJR
Explorer
Explorer
I70 to Indy. Then pick up Rt. 31 north. It is a nice drive. Then Rt. 20 east to Elkhart.
2007 Roadtrek 210 Popular
2015 GMC Terrain AWD