cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

St Louis

bukhrn
Explorer III
Explorer III
From I-64 heading West, probably I-70 straight through would be fastest, but would I-255/270 have less traffic at any given time on any given day of the week?
2007 Forester 2941DS
2014 Ford Focus
Zamboni, Long Haired Mini Dachshund
6 REPLIES 6

BackOfThePack
Explorer
Explorer
Use bypasses to greatest extent in STL. Get PAST before 1400-hrs.
2004 555 CTD QC LB NV-5600
1990 35โ€™ Silver Streak

jrs1871
Explorer
Explorer
I255 from I64 to I270 has finally been repaired for the most part. A couple of years ago it was horrible. Since we like to stay at the 370 RV Park, we normally go that route. However taking I64 through connecting back to I70 at Wentzville is also a good way to go. We avoid taking I70 through St. Louis if at all possible. Too many crazy drivers, traffic jams and construction for our liking.

Horsedoc
Explorer II
Explorer II
Couple of years ago 55 had some major holes and damage. We lost a hubcap from our Freightliner (then) chassis MH
horsedoc
2008 Damon Essence
2013 Jeep Sahara Unlimited
Blue Ox tow

JRscooby
Explorer II
Explorer II
Unless going/coming from NE I prefer the road that follow the old US40-US61 thru the downtown area. Now it's called I 64, ties back into I 70 near Wentzville

Kavoom
Explorer
Explorer
I really recommend the northern most "bypass." As noted, it is still busy, but imho not as "dangerous" as going through. Take 270 and then 370 West... It's not fun irrespective. I have almost always ended up coming to a stop at some point going through the middle.

rexlion
Explorer
Explorer
Every time I try going around the north side of St. Louis, I feel like the traffic is even heavier than when I go straight through. Not sure about the south side.
Mike G.
Liberty is meaningless where the right to utter one's thoughts and opinions has ceased to exist. That, of all rights, is the dread of tyrants. --Frederick Douglass
photo: Yosemite Valley view from Taft Point