cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Starke Fla & 301

Belgique
Explorer
Explorer
Google Maps insists I bypass Starke FL on 301 tomorrow (25 April) presumably because of construction. Can't find any news on this on the Web. Anyone know?
Hickory, NC
2007 Fleetwood Discovery 40X
8 REPLIES 8

Belgique
Explorer
Explorer
wanderingbob wrote:
Nice prison in Starke ! Try to make your visit short !

Back in the day, folks in Jacksonville claimed lights dimmed when Ole Sparky dispatched another miscreant at Raiford (the prison).
Hickory, NC

wanderingbob
Explorer II
Explorer II
Nice prison in Starke ! Try to make your visit short !

Belgique
Explorer
Explorer
Came through a few hours ago. It was congested at the 2 places where the bypass will connect but no big deal. Starke itself was congested, as always. Maybe 10 min more, if that. Thanks for the inputs.
Hickory, NC

Belgique
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks all. Great info. Starke has always been slow so the bypass will be nice when finished.
Hickory, NC

mlburst
Explorer
Explorer
We passed through Starke northbound 2 days ago - traffic was slow but no reason to try to bypass - probably extra 10 minutes.
Mike & Joanna
Myrtle Beach SC/Port Charlotte FL
"Any-timers" since Dec 2010
2010 Heartland Sundance 2900MK
2012 Ford F250 Lariat King Ranch CC 6.7L Diesel
Heartland Owners Club #1452
Escapees #99187

Sam_Spade
Explorer
Explorer
There are a couple of "jogs" in the route now, that look like they might be a part of the eventual actual bypass.

Don't worry about it. Follow the signs......slowly.....and you will be fine.
When I went through about 10 days ago, the Police were watching both ends of the temporary detour.
'07 Damon Outlaw 3611
CanAm Spyder in the "trunk"

IB853347201
Nomad
Nomad
No biggie. The bypass is not finished yet so just stay on 301 thru Starke.
2010 Suncruiser

samsphones
Explorer
Explorer
They are building a bypass, it told me same when we went thru there in January but we had no trouble, I thought the bypass was supposed to be finished first of April.