Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tampa to Indiana

RayJayco
Explorer
Explorer
Hey folks, a question.
Heading to North of Indianapolis to a rural area, around Logansport/Peru. I have never been to that area and see basically 3 routes on Google with a lot of construction and a peculiarity or 2, so I thought that I would ask you good folks that are familiar...

One route stays on I-75 to Cincinnati, then I-74 to Indianapolis. (All 3 routes go to Indianapolis).

The other two take I-24 from Chattanooga to Nashville.
One keeps on I-24 to Pennyrile Pkwy which joins I-69 to Indianapolis.
The other (Google's preferred) takes I-65 through Louisville to Indianapolis.

All routes show 31 from Indianapolis to Peru.

Unfortunately, due to my health issues, this is not a pleasure trip as my son and I will be pulling a trailer to get her to her mother's home, so I am looking for the quickest, easiest route and hope that some of you are familiar.

It seems like a lot of construction is taking place.

Your input is greatly appreciated!
Inquiring minds want to know...
4 REPLIES 4

RayJayco
Explorer
Explorer
Whaler wrote:
I see you have gotten some advice you need but will add this just in case. I-24 to the new portion of I-69 is a great way to miss Louisville and I-65. However, the I-69 (southern part) ends in Bloomington. You then have 20 miles of construction (I-69)while on Hyw 37 which is mostly four lane but does have some single lane restrictions. Speed limit is 45 and very strictly enforced in work zones. Traffic keeps a steady pace and seldom stops north bound. From Martinsville,four lane 37 continues to I-465 but has several traffic lights.

Thank you!

Whaler
Explorer
Explorer
I see you have gotten some advice you need but will add this just in case. I-24 to the new portion of I-69 is a great way to miss Louisville and I-65. However, the I-69 (southern part) ends in Bloomington. You then have 20 miles of construction (I-69)while on Hyw 37 which is mostly four lane but does have some single lane restrictions. Speed limit is 45 and very strictly enforced in work zones. Traffic keeps a steady pace and seldom stops north bound. From Martinsville,four lane 37 continues to I-465 but has several traffic lights.

RayJayco
Explorer
Explorer
Thank you!
That seems to be the best route.
I really appreciate you taking the time to give me the detailed instructions that you did!
Safe Travels!
Ken

DutchmenSport
Explorer
Explorer
RayJayco,
I sent you a PM.
Good luck!