cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

TELCEL Sim Card

JerBear
Explorer
Explorer
if anyone is wondering. the Telcel sim card with data does work in the USA. We loaded 4 gb before we left Mexico. Currently in Pennsylvania and it is working great. Worked in Texas, Louisiana, Mississippi, Alabama, Tennessee and Virginia as well. It is supposed to be good in Canada as well. Can't beat the cost either!!!
JerBear
2007 CITATION Supreme 10'8" Truck Camper,Torklift Fastguns, Torklift Tiedowns,Torklift Superhitch,Reese Front Hitch, Honda EU2000i Generator, 2x100 Watt Solar Panel /MPPT Controller, 2500 Watt Inverter.
2006 GMC 3500HD DRW Ex. Cab Truck, Duramax/Allison
22 REPLIES 22

Tequila
Explorer
Explorer
marchisland wrote:
my 2 cell phones are still working in Canada and are much cheaper to use than the plans in Canada .will keep my phones with telcel .

I do the same. I have ooma home phone which has free calling to mexico, so no big deal. only one who calls me in Canada is my wife, so her calls to my telcel number are free.

Tequila
Explorer
Explorer
Using my telcel in Italy, cheaper than my Canadian cell.

robatthelake
Explorer
Explorer
We recharged Our Telcel SIM on line a few days ago! did have an issue with the Credit Card so changed Cards and Presto!
Tex-ted to 5050 message SL500 and it immediately responded with a new Mb Figure and expiry date!
We are only using it for Data ,but can make phone calls as well! Roaming charges for Calls ,but not for SMS or Internet Webmail!
Rob & Jean
98 Dutch Star Diesel Pusher ..07 Honda CRV AWD

bighatnohorse
Explorer II
Explorer II
Mountaineer42 wrote:
JerBear wrote:
I have tried to recharge on the TelCel site but I am having problems adding data. Wish there was an Oxxo store close by
๐Ÿ™‚

Try using www.recharge.com

Thanks for the link. We used the "Claro" provider (good service BTW) in Panama and couldn't get their online recharge service to work.
2021 Arctic Fox 1150
'15 F350 6.7 diesel dually long bed
Eagle Cap Owners
โ€œThe best lack all conviction, while the worst
Are full of passionate intensity."
-Yeats

Mountaineer42
Explorer
Explorer
JerBear wrote:
I have tried to recharge on the TelCel site but I am having problems adding data. Wish there was an Oxxo store close by
๐Ÿ™‚

Try using www.recharge.com

Talleyho69
So do we!!!

JerBear
Explorer
Explorer
๐Ÿ™‚
2007 CITATION Supreme 10'8" Truck Camper,Torklift Fastguns, Torklift Tiedowns,Torklift Superhitch,Reese Front Hitch, Honda EU2000i Generator, 2x100 Watt Solar Panel /MPPT Controller, 2500 Watt Inverter.
2006 GMC 3500HD DRW Ex. Cab Truck, Duramax/Allison

marchisland
Explorer
Explorer
my 2 cell phones are still working in Canada and are much cheaper to use than the plans in Canada .will keep my phones with telcel .

moisheh
Explorer
Explorer
Sometimes when your Telcel does not work it is because they do not have partner in that area. This applies to all cell services.

Moisheh

bighatnohorse
Explorer II
Explorer II
qtla9111 wrote:
All the carriers are good and prices are very competitive. I had Movistar for years and only changed because where I work there is no Movistar service. Movistar is very popular in parts of Mexico and most of South America.

Coverage maps are available on line.

We bought a Movistar phone in Chile (4 years ago) and used it all over Chile and Argentina for phone calls only (no data).
So we bought a SIM card for Movistar while in Oaxaca this winter - and had very poor data service - so much so that I tossed the SIM card and switched over to Telcel.
2021 Arctic Fox 1150
'15 F350 6.7 diesel dually long bed
Eagle Cap Owners
โ€œThe best lack all conviction, while the worst
Are full of passionate intensity."
-Yeats

qtla9111
Nomad
Nomad
All the carriers are good and prices are very competitive. I had Movistar for years and only changed because where I work there is no Movistar service. Movistar is very popular in parts of Mexico and most of South America.

Coverage maps are available on line.
2005 Dodge Durango Hemi
2008 Funfinder 230DS
Living and Boondocking Mexico Blog

Talleyho69
We've gone as long as 8 months. Not any more, we are permanent!

Almot
Explorer III
Explorer III
If you are paying money to Telcel, you do have Telcel plan, even if prepaid.

With Telcel prepaid one can get away for as little as 150 pesos a year if it's not used often. After balance has expired, you can't initiate the call but the number remains active for incoming calls for another few months.

qtla9111
Nomad
Nomad
We use our Mexican Telcel in Mexico and the U.S., calls, Whatsapp, internet, etc. We don't have a plan, I pay 150 a month.

I am going to Ecuador on Sunday. I was there a couple of months ago, it worked fine there too!
2005 Dodge Durango Hemi
2008 Funfinder 230DS
Living and Boondocking Mexico Blog