cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Travel to/thru Texas

BB_TX
Nomad
Nomad
Any one traveling to or thru Texas be aware that COVID19 confirmed cases are hitting new highs almost daily. Along with hospitalizations also hitting new highs. And this is not due to more testing. The percentage of those testing positive is also increasing. Along with more younger people being affected.

Having said that, the state has "paused" its reopenings with the possibility of starting to shut some things back down. Just a caution to those planning to travel this direction. I know some other states are seeing similar increases.

Be safe out there. For yourself, your family, your friends, and everyone else.
5 REPLIES 5

RambleOnNW
Explorer II
Explorer II
Iโ€™d stay out of states that have high proportions of Covid deniers. Arizona, Texas, Florida are a few. No surprise those are the same states where Covid cases are going exponential.

Amazing that people still trivialize Covid as no more dangerous than the flu. They have no idea about the dangers, it depends on the person. Blood clots from Covid have been reported even in young people.

https://www.webmd.com/lung/news/20200424/blood-clots-are-another-dangerous-covid-19-mystery

Many Covid Health Issues - Reuters
2006 Jayco 28', E450 6.8L V10, Bilstein HDs,
Roadmaster Anti-Sway Bars, Blue Ox TigerTrak

azdryheat
Explorer
Explorer
I laugh when I see people driving alone in their cars and wearing a mask. Why? We are forced to wear masks in Tucson and the surrounding county, which is a good idea except the masks don't stop the covid bug.

The packages of masks for sale at Costco say they don't stop a virus. But lets all wear our masks for that feel good effect.

It's better if we all get exposed to the virus and get immune to it. It's called herd immunity and it works. We're all going to eventually be exposed to the virus. Some are going to die, some are going to get hospitalized, but the vast majority are going to get sick and come out of it just fine.

My bottom line is wife and I aren't worried about traveling. We are heading to Branson on Monday and we aren't worried about the trip. We can take care of ourselves, wash our hands, were a mask, etc.
2013 Chevy 3500HD CC dually
2014 Voltage 3600 toy hauler
2019 RZR 1000XP TRE

Lwiddis
Explorer
Explorer
Not safe in California either, BB TX.
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad

jdc1
Explorer II
Explorer II
Remember, those numbers are watered down. If it says 10, it's probably 100. Not everyone gets tested. Wear a mask in public places. Wash your hands. Stay safe.

gbopp
Explorer
Explorer
I'm not heading that way but, thanks for the information. My BIL just traveled through Texas a couple days ago.
He's not well snd doesn't need the virus on top of his problems.