cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

US-2 between I-91 and I-95 ???

JoeH
Explorer III
Explorer III
Was thinking about taking a different route to Bar Harbor this summer. How is US 2 in NH/ME going from I-91 to I-95 , We are in a 43'MH towing a pickup.
Joe
2013 Dutch Star 4338- all electric
Toad is 2015 F-150 with bikes,kayaks and Harley aboard
6 REPLIES 6

bukhrn
Explorer III
Explorer III
On our first trip to/thru NE, I was worrying about Rt 2 from Maine thru NH & VT, I was all over the forums with questions, even did the street view of the entire route on Google maps, after doing the trip I realized that all my anguish was for nothing, US 2 is a great scenic route, not an interstate, but after you do the trip, you'll realize that you're thankful it's not.
You may get there faster on another route, but I think you'll enjoy it more on Rt 2.
2007 Forester 2941DS
2014 Ford Focus
Zamboni, Long Haired Mini Dachshund

DrewE
Explorer
Explorer
While it may be slower going in terms of speed than taking the Interstate highways, it's far more direct, so the travel time is definitely not longer than taking I-91 to I-89 to....

US-2 is an important trucking route through the area, and is suitable for any vehicle.

(US-2 does not go through Franconia Notch, though...it passes north of it by several miles. Detouring to US-302 or the Kancamagus Highway will lead through the notch and along some other lovely scenery.)

docsouce
Explorer II
Explorer II
One of my Northern New England favorites. As mentioned, it's slower scenic road that passes through/by some cool small towns, and White Mountain favorites. Mount Washington, Franconia Notch to name a couple. Easy no problem road.
2020 JAYCO 26XD
Just right for the two of us!

ryegatevt
Explorer II
Explorer II
Also try to pick a nice day - very scenic through Vermont, the White Mountains of New Hampshire, and Western Maine. It'll take about 6 hours from St Johnsbury to Acadia. Pick up the Maine Turnpike (no tolls) in Newport to avoid driving through Bangor. We drive it every year in September when a lot of the tourists have gone home...
Steve & Bev
2005 Roadtrek 210
Tess, our Sheltie

JoeH
Explorer III
Explorer III
agwill wrote:
Just a two lane road with small towns so slow at times but fully drive able.

Sounds good to me !
Joe
2013 Dutch Star 4338- all electric
Toad is 2015 F-150 with bikes,kayaks and Harley aboard

agwill
Explorer
Explorer
Just a two lane road with small towns so slow at times but fully drive able.
al