cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

US 20 East to West Yellowstone

Mr__Steve
Explorer
Explorer
Hello, I have a question. I am traveling from Wrightwood California up the 15 North to Yellowstone. My route takes me on the 15 North exiting and following 20 East to west Yellowstone entrance. Is the 20 East ok for a 33 foot motorhome? Thanks in advance.
7 REPLIES 7

ramyankee
Explorer
Explorer
Very nice drive...
Rick and Patti ๐Ÿ™‚
2 Proud Christian CONSERVATIVES ๐Ÿ™‚
2002 Chevy Silverado, 8.1, Crew, LB, 3.73, 4X4
2020 Mesa Ridge 291rls
Now living in North Idaho (formerly Northeastern California) ... but the heart is with MONTANA STATE UNIVERSITY

bobsallyh
Explorer II
Explorer II
You will have no problem on US 20. We use it every year between IDF and Island Park and West Yellowstone. Two things to keep in mind. Watch your speed going thru Island Park, as the town limits run forever along US 20. And good reasoning for that is because it is a high use recreation area. Also, if transporting any type of watercraft, there is a check point on the ID. side of Targhee Pass. Do stop as they will run you down for bypassing the the checkpoint. Have a safe and enjoyable trip.

TexasShadow
Explorer
Explorer
Henry's Lake State Park is about 15 miles south of West Yellowstone. It is lovely scenic area with great fishing. Near the entrance to the park, there is an RV park with a very good laundromat we have used several times. The state park is nicely set up with lots of spaces, some with full hookups.
TexasShadow
Holiday Rambler Endeavor LE/ 3126B Cat
Sometimes BMW K75 on Rear Carrier
Jeep Grand Cherokee or 2016 Ford XLT 4x4 super cab with 8 ft bed
M&G aux brake system
854 Watts of Solar Power

Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else.

RedRollingRoadb
Explorer
Explorer
Spread your wings and pick up US 93 to 26 and 20 to West Yellowstone.

Mr__Steve
Explorer
Explorer
Thank you both for the info. Very appreciated.

Rocky2
Explorer
Explorer
Decent road with good side trips if you are not in a hurry. Upper and Lower Mesa Falls are called the Niagra Falls of the west and well worth the diversion off US 20.

Ed_C
Explorer
Explorer
Easy nice road!
Ed/Jeanie & Slade the GSD
2017 Entegra Aspire 42 RBQ/ Sierra Crew