cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Useful video for Canadians traveling to the U.S.

VE3ESN
Explorer
Explorer
Just came across THIS VERY INFORMATIVE VIDEO for Canadians traveling to the U.S.

As for us, we now don't bring in any food at all when we cross the border. A quick trip to Aldi, Walmart, or a supermarket will soon replenish the food we used to travel with.

Save travels and season's greetings to all!
Jerry & Susie
1996 Roadtrek 190 Versatile (Dodge 5.2 L)
3 REPLIES 3

lakeside013104
Explorer
Explorer
GordonThree wrote:
There must be a lot of variables influencing if you get questioned about food. My last two crossing in October I must have not looked very shifty or something.

One humorous Canadian prohibition is baked goods containing meat, aka PIZZA ... well, they didn't ask and I didn't volunteer that I had frozen pizza rolls in the freezer.

Not illegal, but failing to declare could cost you $300 resulting with a record for future crossings. Your choice, but to me, being less then completely truthful is like playing Russian roulette. Sooner or later the hammer will fall on a live chamber and your life as you know it will be changed forever.

Are you feeling lucky next time you cross the border?

Lakeside

GordonThree
Explorer
Explorer
There must be a lot of variables influencing if you get questioned about food. My last two crossing in October I must have not looked very shifty or something.

One humorous Canadian prohibition is baked goods containing meat, aka PIZZA ... well, they didn't ask and I didn't volunteer that I had frozen pizza rolls in the freezer.
2013 KZ Sportsmen Classic 200, 20 ft TT
2020 RAM 1500, 5.7 4x4, 8 speed

cross21114
Explorer
Explorer
VE3ESN wrote:
Just came across THIS VERY INFORMATIVE VIDEO for Canadians traveling to the U.S.

As for us, we now don't bring in any food at all when we cross the border. A quick trip to Aldi, Walmart, or a supermarket will soon replenish the food we used to travel with.

Save travels and season's greetings to all!

Info also for US travelers to Canada.

Merry Christmas.
Chris
2018 Nexus Ghost 36DS
360 Cummins, 3000 Allison
2016 Ford Expedition