cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using Resources-the many members who live here full time

Talleyho69
I think it's time to point out that many of the members that post regularly here live in Mexico full time, and some for many many years.

I'm sure that there are some I'm not aware of, but people to heed, and ask advice of because they are actually here would be qtla9111, playaboy, navagator, Talleyho69 (Moderator), and there are bound to be more that I'm forgetting.

Just between the four of us we cover different areas of the country and different types of vehicles. All are open to questions and to share information.

Yes, there are a number of other great contributors who spend time in Mexico, not just in one location, but some travel the country. Hopefully those members will also share their knowledge.

Everyone has something to share, let's do that!!!
16 REPLIES 16

navegator
Explorer
Explorer
For those persons that are over 65 years, AMLO "Mexican President" (whom some of you do not like) passed a law that any one needing medical attention shall receive it at hospitals of the IMSS free of charge with a donation of blood from two persons, and yes foreigners who are residents in Mexico are eligible.

At the end of June and beginning of July of this year I spent 10 days in the hospital of Atisapan, we were asked to donate blood unfortunately no one in my immediate family can donate nor can I, so the taxi driver and the dispatch lady gave blood, I in turn gave $2,000.00 PESOS to each one for volunteering, All of the lab studies and medicine have been free, now this only applies to persons 65 and older, tourist should have an insurance purchased in Mexico, if they do not have one then this applies.

The care and attention that I received from the nurses and doctors was 110% better than what my wife received in the hospital in Chula Vista CA. The doctor's "because there were several not just one" that looked in on me twice a day and four times at night and guess what they listened to me and they spent more than 3:1/2 minutes checking me out and letting me know how I was coming along was far better than the 3 sonograms and two MRI scans that my wife had in Chula Vista for a gall bladder stone!

I will not comment on the hospital food, edible yes as hospital food goes just keep in mind that it is Mexican food and not French cuisine, so we will leave it at that!

So for all of you x-pats and visitors over 65 your health care just became easier, the attention and human compassion that the nurses and doctors have is a lot better than the robotic you are just a number of dollar$ for us that you receive in the U.S.

So try not to get sick but if you need hospitalization, you now have some knowledge of what to do and where to get medical attention.

Be safe out there!

navegator

dkilley
Explorer
Explorer
Excellent idea. We stay in Rincon de Guayabitos for 6 months +-