cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Which Lane to Take at Queenston-Lewiston Bridge?

morrik5
Explorer
Explorer
Crossing into the US from Canada, which lane should an RV stay in at the border? We got caught at the Fort Erie location in the wrong lane and would appreciate knowing before we cross at the Queenston-Lewiston Bridge if we should stay to the right (but not in the transport lane of course).

Travelling in late August.
4 REPLIES 4

morrik5
Explorer
Explorer
Matt_Colie wrote:
Morrik,

Yes, SteetView does not show the signs, but as I have had the same issue, I always use GE to look for the vehicle traffic.

In this case the vehicle traffic both ways leads to the trucks to the right lane. There have been times in the right lane when we were flagged to the passcar lane. That was no common, but it does happen.

Matt_C

Thanks Matt.

Matt_Colie
Explorer
Explorer
Morrik,

Yes, SteetView does not show the signs, but as I have had the same issue, I always use GE to look for the vehicle traffic.

In this case the vehicle traffic both ways leads to the trucks to the right lane. There have been times in the right lane when we were flagged to the passcar lane. That was no common, but it does happen.

Matt_C
Matt & Mary Colie
A sailor, his bride and their black dogs (one dear dog is waiting for us at the bridge) going to see some dry places that have Geocaches in a coach made the year we married.

morrik5
Explorer
Explorer
WNYBob wrote:
I believe you should be in the BUS / RV lane.

Do you happen to know if that lane is on the far right of all of the lanes? Nothing worse than when you're in a bunch of traffic and we're too long to cut over a lane or two with other cars buzzing up all around you, especially when someone may think our Equinox we are towing behind us might be a vehicle waiting to cross the border independently. Wish Google Maps Street View would show a picture of that but that might be considered a security breach...

WNYBob
Explorer
Explorer
I believe you should be in the BUS / RV lane.